Contribute
Register

Intel Nuc D54250WYK Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like you've got OC installed correctly. The "blacklist apple update" error is just because there is some stuff is missing in the config file that I haven't bothered to stick in because it doesn't affect anything at the moment. I suppose I should fix it.

Attached is an updated EFI folder with a beta of 6.3, updated kexts, and a config with the secure boot model set to disabled - this seems to be required for the latest Big Sur. I'm far from an OC expert - it just "works" for my config... I've got 4 D54250s :). (You'll need to search for the XXXXs and replace the serial and UUID again.)

Attachments

• EFI - D54250 - OC 6.3 - Oct 15.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 355
It sounds like you've got OC installed correctly. The "blacklist apple update" error is just because there is some stuff is missing in the config file that I haven't bothered to stick in because it doesn't affect anything at the moment. I suppose I should fix it.

Attached is an updated EFI folder with a beta of 6.3, updated kexts, and a config with the secure boot model set to disabled - this seems to be required for the latest Big Sur. I'm far from an OC expert - it just "works" for my config... I've got 4 D54250s :). (You'll need to search for the XXXXs and replace the serial and UUID again.)

I can't get my hdmi monitor to sleep so I tried your EFI zip and it still stays on full time. Any thoughts or suggestions?

The same software as a VM on my macbook that at least goes to screensaver, so I'm assuming it is something in the bios or config that I am missing.

Actually seemed to have solved it by rebuilding SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-PLUG.aml using the latest version of SSDTtime.

Did anyone try to upgrade 10.15.6 to 10.15.7 Catalina with OpenCore 0.6? Works out of the box or anything else (like kexts) need to be updated?

Did anyone try to upgrade 10.15.6 to 10.15.7 Catalina with OpenCore 0.6? Works out of the box or anything else (like kexts) need to be updated?
I started from 10.15.7 and upgraded to the 10.15.7 supplemental update without any issues. I'm running the 0.63 and still a few versions behind on kexts.

OK gonna start fresh from scratch with a new msata drive thats blank.

Would i be best to go Mojave > Catalina > big sur or wait
If you want to use Big Sur, go right to Big Sur - Just make sure you're using Macmini7,1 or iMac14,4 since iMac14,1 was dropped from the supported list. Otherwise I wouldn't bother going all the way back to Mojave unless you want to test the upgrade process.

Hi growlf,

I am running a D54250 with Clover an Catalina on it and I would like to update to Big Sur. As I am totally new to OpenCore I was wondering if you could share some advice how to approach this as you already finished this journey.

I am wondering if,

a.) I can use the efi you posted and just replace the UUID and the serial number in order to get it running. Am I assuming correctly that I would only need to delet my current (clover) efi folder in my efi partion and replace it with yours?

b.) if a.) would not work could you share a step by step guide which helped you to get OpenCore and Big Sur running on your machine?

c.) As I don't wont to distroy my running Clover/Catalina system I am thinking of installing OpenCore/Big Sur on a large USB drive. If this is working fine I would upgrade my SSD

Thank you very much in advance!

Hello all,

Just adding my 2 cents in here as I've managed to successfully install latest Catalina (15.5) onto my NUC.

I've followed the 'official installation guide' from this forum.
In addition I've copied 2 kexts to enable networking and Wifi (BCM94352HMB) during setup:
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • AirportBrcmFixup.kext
to EFI USB partition '/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other'

As this was my inaugural Hackintosh it took me a while to figure out how and which kexts do I need to use to make everything work.

As per instructions I've used Multibeast to make OS bootable.

After a successful reboot I've used Clover Configurator to add/update kexts.
Below is the list of custom kexts:
  • AirportBrcmFixup.kext (WiFi)
  • AppleALC.kext (Sound)
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext (BT)
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext (required for BT)
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext (Intel 1218V ethernet)
  • Lilu.kext (required)
  • SMCProcessor.kext (SMC related)
  • SMCProcessor.kext
  • VirtualSMC.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext (Intel HD Graphics)

Additional Bluetooth kexts were taken off GitHub.

I hope this will save some time for someone with similar configuration.

Feel free to correct me if I got something wrong in my post or if there is a better way of doing the same things. :)

It appears that my NUC has been successfully converted to a 'mac mini' as all the functions tested so far work no problem!
Hi there, this worked perfectly for me - thanks for saving me a day or so - greatly appreciated.

So i have upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 as possible looking to upgrade to bigsur.

Also have a brand new apple id created for imessage but it will not sign in.

Getting errors for facetime and imessage. app store works.

Attached if my kext and the oc config compare i did with oc configator tool

Any advise what else i could add or teak would be good

Attachments

• Results of the OC Config comparer tool.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Catalina EFI (2).zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 147
So i have upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 as possible looking to upgrade to bigsur.

Also have a brand new apple id created for imessage but it will not sign in.

Getting errors for facetime and imessage. app store works.

Attached if my kext and the oc config compare i did with oc configator tool

Any advise what else i could add or teak would be good
Hello,
Without saying what's the issue it's hard to look for one?

You said you've upgraded - has it been working before?

What has broken, have you changed something from 10.15.6, what's the OC version?

On top of that, any screenshots of the errors and log files from below, will help troubleshooting process:
- OpenCore (debug version) will leave a log on the EFI partition, after it has been configured,
- Hackintool app can read System logs since last boot, I've used those along with the 'boot-args' -v parameter to find errors

I've followed excellent guide from Dortania (not sure if I am allowed to link third party pages here), but quick internet search should get you there fast.

Dortania recommends against using any OC configurators, and TBF sample.plist from the same OC version with a guide is all you need.

At the end of that guide there's a link to OC config 'Sanity Checker' that will verify your settings against recommended values. I have run your config.plist through it and it flagged few items misconfigured.

Kexts - if you are trying to make Broadcom WiFi/BT module work, you are missing brcm kext plugin definitions under Kernel>Add. I am not sure what CtlnaAHCIPort.kext does either as I am not using one.

Regarding iCloud services - it could be that since you created a new account, Apple has blacklisted it... when the only device on the account is iMac with invalid serial... (again look on Dortania pages under troubleshooting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back