Contribute
Register

Intel Nuc D54250WYK Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes vanilla install of 10.15.6. For some reason it said my mac needs firmware update for APFS. I don't have dual monitors so iMac 14,1 worked fine. By the way in some apps like Discord/Steam/Skype I have weird HD graphics glitches like colors messed up or display blinking.. Other apps are fine, full-screen games are fine. Any ideas what's happening?

I've seen the same message about APFS and FW upgrade on another build (if my memory serves me right I just used another serial).
Regarding graphics - I would look at framebuffer settings which defines how your GPU is detected by macOS
Use app called 'Hackintool' to look what FB do you have set currently.
My values are
PlatformID: 0x0D220003
GPU Device ID: 0x0D228086

Above values might have changed for some reason, play around with what works for you - I've used this guide and some trial and error.

Holy ****, I fixed it! Thanks a lot!

It's framebuffer settings indeed. Mine before were:

PlatformID: 0x0A260005 (DO NOT USE)
DeviceID: 0x0A268086 (DO NOT USE)

I set them exactly like you posted and it all worked. Looks like it was set to Mobile version instead of Desktop (I thought I should set mobile since it's mobile processor).

Ordered BCM94352HMB WiFi/Bluetooth module on Aliexpress and it's coming soon. Going to put it in and add those 3 kexts:
  • AirportBrcmFixup.kext
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
Hope it just works without re-install of the existing system.

Last edited:
Holy ****, I fixed it! Thanks a lot!

It's framebuffer settings indeed. Mine before were:

PlatformID: 0x0A260005 (DO NOT USE)
DeviceID: 0x0A268086 (DO NOT USE)

I set them exactly like you posted and it all worked. Looks like it was set to Mobile version instead of Desktop (I thought I should set mobile since it's mobile processor).

Hi QuadroX,

I seem to be in the same situation as you - with the same Framebuffer settings (as determined by Hackintool) - and the same graphics glitches... (OpenCore). I am having a heck of a time parsing the Whatevergreen docs to modify the settings. Could you share the Devices-Properties/DeviceProperties section from your config so I can regain some sanity?

Thanks for your time,
John

Hi QuadroX,

I seem to be in the same situation as you - with the same Framebuffer settings (as determined by Hackintool) - and the same graphics glitches... (OpenCore). I am having a heck of a time parsing the Whatevergreen docs to modify the settings. Could you share the Devices-Properties/DeviceProperties section from your config so I can regain some sanity?

Thanks for your time,
John

Wow. I'm an idiot. Hadn't explored Hackintool enough to realize it would just write the relevant config section for you. Please disregard my question and forgive my ignorance. Allllll good now!

Been running Big Sur for about 2 weeks now. *Perfect*

How did you go about upgrading? I have mine with clover at the moment. Have to power it up with no displays connected or i get a ??? error on the screen

Havent got imessage or facetime to work yet. for creating a new account. Don't want to risk using my original apple id with my nuc

Last edited:
I came over from Clover. It was waaaay easier than I thought. Once I got OpenCore working, I just ran an install of the public beta and it worked just like on a real Mac.

If the system allows me, I'm attaching a zipped version of the working EFI directory for my D54250. It works with both Catalina and Big Sur. This will unzip to an "EFI" folder. The entire folder needs to go into your EFI volume on your boot volume (ie. don't copy the contents of the folder, copy the entire folder). On mine, I just zipped up the existing Clover EFI folder and left it there ... just in case.

I've put "X"'s in place of the serial and UUID in the config file, so you'll want to change those.

Attachments

• EFI - macOS 11 Working - D54250WYK.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 335
I came over from Clover. It was waaaay easier than I thought. Once I got OpenCore working, I just ran an install of the public beta and it worked just like on a real Mac.

If the system allows me, I'm attaching a zipped version of the working EFI directory for my D54250. It works with both Catalina and Big Sur. This will unzip to an "EFI" folder. The entire folder needs to go into your EFI volume on your boot volume (ie. don't copy the contents of the folder, copy the entire folder). On mine, I just zipped up the existing Clover EFI folder and left it there ... just in case.

I've put "X"'s in place of the serial and UUID in the config file, so you'll want to change those.

Cheers i have been trying to test out your file. What version of open core did you use. I managed to use gibs mac os that took down the latest version however i am getting or running in to some weird issues.

It eventauly loaded the recovery and i thought i installed the os on to the drive however i get

oc no scheme blacklist apple update security! error message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back