Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

My device freezes randomly, the screen freezes suddenly, the mouse and keyboard no longer respond, and I have to force a restart to be available.
But hard drive lights and fans are not crazy.
I'm not sure if it's related to this thread.

I suspect it has something to do with disks, which seem to occur when a lot of disks are read and written, such as using npm.

Has anyone else ever met?

You can try this, its nothing I've been able to test but it might do the trick for you.
I've used your EFI and it's working great! One thing tough. After the installation of MacOS bluetooth was working fine. Now after a reboot my Bluetooth-icon in the Settings of my MacOS-installation is gone. Also in the 'System Information' view it says there is no Bluetooth device found.

Also when shutting down my NUC it automatically reboots after the shutdown.

Can somebody help me with this?

Can somebody help me with this

@jannickn

For your reboot after shutdown problem you might review your BIOS power settings. I was experiencing a similar problem with the NUC restarting at random times after shutdown. I made several changes in BIOS power settings and the behavior stopped. See post #556 above for screenshots of my settings. No guarantees that it will help you.

I've used your EFI and it's working great! One thing tough. After the installation of MacOS bluetooth was working fine. Now after a reboot my Bluetooth-icon in the Settings of my MacOS-installation is gone. Also in the 'System Information' view it says there is no Bluetooth device found.

Can somebody help me with this?
I uploaded that file as a starting point knowing it will boot but that it’s not 100% complete. You still will need to define the USB ports which Bluetooth is dependent on. See here for information on how that’s done.

I uploaded that file as a starting point knowing it will boot but that it’s not 100% complete. You still will need to define the USB ports which Bluetooth is dependent on. See here for information on how that’s done.

I'm going to follow this tutorial to see how far I come. Thanks!

I don't seem to understand how this works. I did a reboot and now my Bluetooth is working. Installed some of the programs in the tutorial, but didn't make any changes. There is also nothing mentioned about Bluetooth.

I don't seem to understand how this works. I did a reboot and now my Bluetooth is working. Installed some of the programs in the tutorial, but didn't make any changes. There is also nothing mentioned about Bluetooth.
I could guess what you did but it would be easier if you could be more specific about the changes you made.

I could guess what you did but it would be easier if you could be more specific about the changes you made.
I installed pListedit Pro, I downloaded Hackintool and pasted USBInjectAll.text into the EFI. But after a reboot I checked Hackintool -> Extensions and USBInjectAll did not show up, so I didn't think that one load during boot.

So I think I did not edit anything. After a reboot Bluetooth showed up in my System Settings, but I can guess that after an other reboot Bluetooth is gone again :/

@jannickn

For your reboot after shutdown problem you might review your BIOS power settings. I was experiencing a similar problem with the NUC restarting at random times after shutdown. I made several changes in BIOS power settings and the behavior stopped. See post #556 above for screenshots of my settings. No guarantees that it will help you.
Ok... It's time for me to contribute a little bit... Your problem is completely different than mine... I do not have the random restart issues even when I changed the BIOS settings you said to DEFAULT. The issue I was experiencing is that that my machine could never be put to shutdown. So, I simply followed this guide from opencore ( Fix ShutDown ) and I did not even had to make an edit because the dsdt of NUC10 has the same PCI Device as the default .dsl opencore provides for the fix. So the ONLY thing people have to do for ALL NUC10's to have a PROPER shutdown is 1) Add the Patch mentioned to config.plist - ACPI - Patch ( I use PlistEdit Pro as it makes the process so much easier). AND 2) Download FixShutdown-USB-SSDT.dsl, Download MaciASL, Open FixShutdown-USB-SSDT.dsl, save as FixShutdown-USB-SSDT.aml AND put it Directly to EFI/OC/ACPI folder ! Also you need to update your config.plist so that it knows that you added a new .aml UNDER EFI/OC/ACPI/add That's it ! Your NUC10 will now ShutDown Properly and wont wake EXACTLY after 2 seconds as my machine continued to do EVERY time before the patch !!!

Last edited:
I installed pListedit Pro, I downloaded Hackintool and pasted USBInjectAll.text into the EFI. But after a reboot I checked Hackintool -> Extensions and USBInjectAll did not show up, so I didn't think that one load during boot.

So I think I did not edit anything. After a reboot Bluetooth showed up in my System Settings, but I can guess that after an other reboot Bluetooth is gone again :/
If you are loading USBInjectAll.kext at boot that enables all USB ports and enables Bluetooth to work. In most cases then you also need to configure which of those ports you want to stay under the 15 port limit OSX imposes or else the device will not sleep/ wake properly and may exhibit other odd behavior related to USB.

Last edited:
Back