Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

I believe the issue is you have two different Thunderbolt 3 SSDTs

View attachment 476906

You have both SSDT-NUC10-THUNDERBOLT-DRENAN.aml and SSDT-TB3HP.aml
UPDATE:
Ahh I see now you were only loading one via the config.plist.... I'm trying the Thunderbolt SSDT now, I'll see if it works on my system or not.

To the best of my knowledge we are emulating a 9th gen CoffeeLake CPU
AFAIK, yes.
When it was obvious that we need to spoof CPU I found this repo where I took needed CPU ID from

Hello guys, I think I have managed to overcome our TB wake/sleep issue! I don't think its final since TB port USB connectivity only reports speeds of 480Mbs (USB2), but HP still works and everything is still recognized as per usual!

Give it a go and let me know if it works for you guys.

More work to be done tho.
So far so good. I have been able to Sleep/Wake the NUC with the SSDT loaded. I need to verify if there are any issues with the Thunderbolt / USB-C now that the basics (Sleep/Wake) are out of the way. I'll get some devices plugged up (Thunderbolt 3 first and then later USB-C) and verify Sleep/Wake in that configuration.

So far so good. I have been able to Sleep/Wake the NUC with the SSDT loaded. I need to verify if there are any issues with the Thunderbolt / USB-C now that the basics (Sleep/Wake) are out of the way. I'll get some devices plugged up (Thunderbolt 3 first and then later USB-C) and verify Sleep/Wake in that configuration.
I can already say that Thunderbolt port is not giving full speed while using the USB bus, perhaps I need to rework power tables or something, we will get there :)

Hello guys, I think I have managed to overcome our TB wake/sleep issue! I don't think its final since TB port USB connectivity only reports speeds of 480Mbs (USB2), but HP still works and everything is still recognized as per usual!

Give it a go and let me know if it works for you guys.

More work to be done tho.

Works for me. My two USB-C > displayport monitors (via displaylink) are working fine, too. The last bit for me is HDMI audio without Voodoo.

Current displaylink drivers are here: https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/macos

Last edited:
New subtopic- Has anyone had success getting windows up and running as well? I have the FNH- 10.14.6 on the m.2 and trying to get the 2.5" slot with 1/2 windows and 1/2 additional storage for macOS.

Windows is not recognizing the network card! I tried rocking different versions of bootcamp drivers or no boot camp drivers, no dice there. I friggin hate windows tbh, but I need it for work sometimes....

dolgarrenan, would you please look at this photo taken in the beginning of boot process when ACPI tables are being loaded:
IMG_2771.jpg

It seems SSDT-DTPG.aml loads with error that I don't know what means.
Can it be related to wake or some other issue ?

UPDATE: I see this code
Code:
    Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
    {
        If ((Arg0 == ToUUID ("a0b5b7c6-1318-441c-b0c9-fe695eaf949b")))
        {
            If ((Arg1 == One))
            {
                If ((Arg2 == Zero))
                {
                    Arg4 = Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x03                                             // .
                        }
                    Return (One)
                }

If ((Arg2 == One))
                {
                    Return (One)
                }
            }
        }

Arg4 = Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x00                                             // .
            }
        Return (Zero)
    }
in SSDT-DTPG.aml and SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml but in different DefinitionBlock sections - is this a reason of error?

SSDT-DTPG.aml has:
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "KGP ", "DTPG", 0x00001000)
while SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml has:
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "ACDT", "MCHCSBUS", 0x00000000)

Last edited:
New subtopic- Has anyone had success getting windows up and running as well? I have the FNH- 10.14.6 on the m.2 and trying to get the 2.5" slot with 1/2 windows and 1/2 additional storage for macOS.

Windows is not recognizing the network card! I tried rocking different versions of bootcamp drivers or no boot camp drivers, no dice there. I friggin hate windows tbh, but I need it for work sometimes....
I do have Windows and MacOSX on the system. Windows is on the M.2 and MacOSX is on the SATA.
I didn't run in to any issues with windows as far as drivers or such

I'm not sure why you are running BootCamp Drivers. BootCamp drivers are for Mac specific hardware and the NUC doesn't really have anything that is out of the box compatible with a real Macintosh. When you install Windows you'll just want to do that like you would any box. I would remove whatever drive you want to install OS X on and then install Windows as normal. When you are done, put your Mac OSx drive back in and configure OpenCore to boot that uEFI option.

Last edited:
I do have Windows and MacOSX on the system. Windows is on the M.2 and MacOSX is on the SATA.
I didn't run in to any issues with windows as far as drivers or such

I had the same experience installing MacOS on m.2 and Windows 10 on SATA. W10 Drivers are on Intel site.

dolgarrenan, would you please look at this photo taken in the beginning of boot process when ACPI tables are being loaded:
Well, will reply to myself ;)
If I disable any of those SSDTs then I don't see an error, so yes - the error is caused by doubled code
At the same time I don't want to disable SSDT-SBUS-MCHC because otherwise com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusPCI isn't loading to SBUS (below is how it should be according to this guide):
Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 20.07.36 1.png

So the question is what option to prefer:
  1. Delete Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized) from SSDT-SBUS-MCHC and keep both SSDTs to be loaded
  2. Delete SSDT-DTPG (as it consists of this code only)
But I am in doubts regarding the different DefinitionBlock naming - does it have a sense?
Please advise.

PS: by the way, while I was checking my SSDTs I found an error in my SSDT-SBUS-MCHC:
was
Code:
External (_SB_.PCI0.SBUS, DeviceObj)
needed to be
Code:
External (_SB_.PCI0.SBUS.BUS0, DeviceObj)

UPDATE: I deleted Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized) from SSDT-SBUS-MCHC and kept it in SSDT-DTPG - looks like it's OK
IMG_2778.jpg

Resulting amls are attached.

Attachments

• SSDT-DTGP.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 73
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml
    200 bytes · Views: 73
Last edited:
Back