Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

Yes, deactivating FakePCIID leads to no sound even after yesterday's updates to AppleALC and Co.

Last edited:
I don't have an NUC10 anymore but had the same issue on my NUC8 after updating to Monterey. I turned out it was the FakePCI kexts you mention that seemed to be the issue. Turn them off in you config.plist and see if it helps, you can also see if audio still functions the same or at least in some acceptable fashion.
Because I said I would check -- I checked my NUC8i7BEH yesterday. Working perfectly in BigSur, crashing in Monterey after a minute or two. My config there also has a FakePCIID.kext which was necessaty for Catalina. However, unlike the NUC10 config, the NUC8 config still works without FakePCIID.kext present in Big Sur.

Last edited:
I don't have an NUC10 anymore but had the same issue on my NUC8 after updating to Monterey. I turned out it was the FakePCI kexts you mention that seemed to be the issue. Turn them off in you config.plist and see if it helps, you can also see if audio still functions the same or at least in some acceptable fashion.
I was having the similar problems i.e. FakePCI.kext being responsible for sound and HDHomerun outage when turned off. Shutdown and other things worked however. I have already tried using VoodooHDA.kext without and with AppleALC.kext, but not in my favor.
I an planning on trying the Forceshutdown.aml to see that made any difference.

I was having the similar problems i.e. FakePCI.kext being responsible for sound and HDHomerun outage when turned off. Shutdown and other things worked however. I have already tried using VoodooHDA.kext without and with AppleALC.kext, but not in my favor.
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

For VoodooHDA.kext to work you have to disable AppleALC.kext and for Big Sur or Monterey install Voodoo in Library/Extentions. You can’t just copy and paste it though, there are some write ups on other sites with information how. I’m using it on a Z590 build that way.

NUC 10 Gen - sound works very well on Monterey. Only latest AppleALC.kext nedeed and ID - 23. In deviceproperties add PciRoot(0x0)/PCi(0x1F,0x3) .
HDMI sound works too?

NUC 10 Gen - sound works very well on Monterey. Only latest AppleALC.kext nedeed and ID - 23. In deviceproperties add PciRoot(0x0)/PCi(0x1F,0x3) .
Not working with my device; can you post your EFI folder maybe? Thank you.

You can use headphones option in sound system preferences (internal speakers option don't works).
Here is my EFI. DisplayPort/HDMI sound not works.

p.s. I get HDMI audio after change "PciRoot(0x0)/PCi(0x1F,0x3) parameters" but computer crash after a minutes (
So only headphones option is possible. Possible FakePCIID.kext broke something.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.1 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
You can use headphones option in sound system preferences (internal speakers option don't works).
Here is my EFI. DisplayPort/HDMI sound not works.

p.s. I get HDMI audio after change "PciRoot(0x0)/PCi(0x1F,0x3) parameters" but computer crash after a minutes (
So only headphones option is possible. Possible FakePCIID.kext broke something.
I think you missed earlier posts about FakePCID kexts being an issue in Monterey, users were looking for a way to get HDMI sound working without those kexts.

Back