Contribute
Register

Intel Launches 14th Gen CPUs for 600/700 Series

I check i9-14900K . Works similar like 13th Gen ; geekbench is a little higher. I search proper CPUFriendDataProvider.kext special for i9-14900K , now works on data for i9-13900K.

Attachments

• i9-14900K.png
    i9-14900K.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 67
I check i9-14900K . Works similar like 13th Gen ; geekbench is a little higher. I search proper CPUFriendDataProvider.kext special for i9-14900K , now works on data for i9-13900K.
could you please share your efi for 14900K?

Hi there!

I want to upgrade my good "old" 8700K and I would like to know more details about Hackintosh compatibility. For what I've been reading the 13700K is "supported", but what about the 14700K? Do you think is a better choice?

Thanks in advance!

This is minor update, and there are already some positive reports.
The real question is whether you want to invest in a new build rather than in a real AppleSilicon Mac. Only one of these options is likely to still have OS support two years from now…

Hi there!

I want to upgrade my good "old" 8700K and I would like to know more details about Hackintosh compatibility. For what I've been reading the 13700K is "supported", but what about the 14700K? Do you think is a better choice?

Thanks in advance!
Go to Intel i7-14700K . Performance of this CPU is near i9-13900K...Price is nearly this same as 13700K. Intel will be supported at least four years thanks to Intel Mac Pro ) Computers are losing value every year especially Apple silicon computers. In four or five years your computer will be worth maybe 20% of today's price , any computer. So as a rule, buying a computer is not an investment at all, but quite the opposite. For today hackintosh is the best alternative.

Technology Intel 14 th Gen CPU is the same as 13 th - only add more cores (like i7-14700K) or higher clock (like i9-14900K). No problem with Open Core and macOS.

Last edited:
Go to Intel i7-14700K . Performance of this CPU is near i9-13900K...Price is nearly this same as 13700K. Intel will be supported at least four years thanks to Intel Mac Pro ) Computers are losing value every year especially Apple silicon computers. In four or five years your computer will be worth maybe 20% of today's price , any computer. So as a rule, buying a computer is not an investment at all, but quite the opposite. For today hackintosh is the best alternative.

Technology Intel 14 th Gen CPU is the same as 13 th - only add more cores (like i7-14700K) or higher clock (like i9-14900K). No problem with Open Core and macOS.
Thanks! So it seems it is a better choice to build a system based on 14700K. Personally I prefer more cores to higher clock, so i7-14700K seems perfect to me.
Do you know of any "everything working build"? Need recommendations on mobo too as well as on OpenCore setup for these new beasts.
Thanks again!

Look for Z790 User Builds or Z690 Golden Builds which have been updated to support 13th gen.
14th gen. is a minor refresh of Raptor Lake, and seems to work as a drop-in upgrade.

Thanks! So it seems it is a better choice to build a system based on 14700K. Personally I prefer more cores to higher clock, so i7-14700K seems perfect to me.
Do you know of any "everything working build"? Need recommendations on mobo too as well as on OpenCore setup for these new beasts.
Thanks again!
You can choose "economy" Gigabyte Aorus Z690/Z790 or go to better (for OC) Aero Z790 too.

Start with CSJ's Golden Build Guide for Z690 to learn about what's required to make it work with macOS.

Back