Contribute
Register

Intel HD630 Flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.
in my case flickering almost disappeared after I changed SMIBIOS to 17.1. I would suggest to try that, or try to find someone else here with the same motherboard and graphics as you have and try to use his EFI folder. If you find one that works for you, inspect it how it is made and use it as an inspiration :)

(I still have occasional flicker I am not able to get rid of. It happens mostly after sleep and I think its related to higher resolutions/frequencies displays as more people reported the same issue here.)

Last edited:
RazvanSega, can you share your config.plist? And what motherboard do you use?n Thanks.
Hey, It's an Asus H170m-plus , with an i5 7400.
With 18,1 there's no flickering at all and it's on KabyLake. 17,1 is on Skylake, so I prefer the former.
Native cpu pm and gpu pm are working with pstates. sound, sleep, hardware encoder working.
I'm using aptiomemfix , lilu, intelgraphicsfixup, shiki, applealc (for audio).
I've attached a ssdt created for the USB of this motherboard. (so there's no need for usb clover injection or usbinjectall.kext)

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.7 KB · Views: 248
  • SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml
    501 bytes · Views: 98
Last edited:
I've attached a ssdt created for the USB ... (... no need for ... usbinjectall.kext)

Wrong.

SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml is configuration data for USBInjectAll.kext.
It has no effect without USBInjectAll.kext.

Hey guys. I think I have a similar problem. After updating to High Sierra graphics won't work. The problem is on the video.

I attached my clover folder and config.plist separated just in case.
Could you please help me with that?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
  • config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 227
Try to change your SMIBIOS to 17.1 if it helps.
It did help actually. But why is it only work with 17,1 on High Sierra (which means iMac with 6700 as I understand) while it only was working with 18,3 on Sierra.
BTW, I am only able to boot if I use -disablegfxfirmare flag (it wasn't in config file because I specified it on clover config on boot menu). Is that ok?

It did help actually. But why is it only work with 17,1 on High Sierra (which means iMac with 6700 as I understand) while it only was working with 18,3 on Sierra.
BTW, I am only able to boot if I use -disablegfxfirmare flag (it wasn't in config file because I specified it on clover config on boot menu). Is that ok?
The flag is okay, I use it too. 18.3 worked on High Sierra as well till last update (10.13.4). Since then HD630 is flickering on 18.3 and you have to change it to 18.1 or better 17.1. I guess we need to wait for 630 driver update to be more compatible with 10.13.4 and no need to use 17.1 workaround. You can also try to update your intelGraphicsFixup, Shiki and Lilu kexts as well as Clover (there is a new version 4428 which fixed double appearance of 630 in system).

The flag is okay, I use it too. 18.3 worked on High Sierra as well till last update (10.13.4). Since then HD630 is flickering on 18.3 and you have to change it to 18.1 or better 17.1. I guess we need to wait for 630 driver update to be more compatible with 10.13.4 and no need to use 17.1 workaround. You can also try to update your intelGraphicsFixup, Shiki and Lilu kexts as well as Clover (there is a new version 4428 which fixed double appearance of 630 in system).
I already use the latest clover and Lilu, as well as intelGraphicsFixup. But I don't believe I installed Shiki or even heard of it. Will try to install it as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back