Contribute
Register

Intel HD4600 flickering and only 7MB memory (vendor:device 8086:0412)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ProDesk G1 SFF
CPU
Intel Core i5 4590 3.33Ghz
Graphics
Intel HD4600 (vendor 8086 device 0412)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I've partially success installing OSX 10.11 (El Capitan) on my HP ProDesk G1 SFF. Graphics cards is one of the problems (Intel HD4600). Memory shows only 7MB and it flickers when using some UI features.

I've read dozens of posts and several solutions, but none works. Currently I'm using 0x0D220003 as my ig-platform-id. My hardware device id is (8086:0412).

I've tried KEXT Utility to inject "AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext" and "AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext" as suggested on this post (and video) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304295-video-intel-hd-4600-full-qeci-in-yosemite/

I've also got no audio (Realtek HDA vendor:device 10EC:0221)... but my major issue now is image flickering and slow for instance on videos.

Can anyone help?

Regards
F.

Hi,

I've partially success installing OSX 10.11 (El Capitan) on my HP ProDesk G1 SFF. Graphics cards is one of the problems (Intel HD4600). Memory shows only 7MB and it flickers when using some UI features.

I've read dozens of posts and several solutions, but none works. Currently I'm using 0x0D220003 as my ig-platform-id. My hardware device id is (8086:0412).

I've tried KEXT Utility to inject "AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext" and "AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext" as suggested on this post (and video) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304295-video-intel-hd-4600-full-qeci-in-yosemite/

I've also got no audio (Realtek HDA vendor:device 10EC:0221)... but my major issue now is image flickering and slow for instance on videos.

Can anyone help?

Regards
F.

Restore all kexts to vanilla.

config.plist requirements:
Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003 (or unspecified, 0x0d220003 is default)
Graphics/Inject/Intel=true

BIOS requirements:
- IGPU DVMT-prealloc 64mb
- IGPU primary
- VT-d disabled (or need kernel flag dart=0)

Hardware requirements:
- digital connection to monitor (HDMI, DP, DVI-D. VGA not supported)

Hi again,

Thanks Rehab. As my BIOS is from HP, HP usually hides a lot of options as you probably know. I can't find any of these options:

- IGPU primary

:(

I already had the vanilla kexts with:
Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003

But no success. Thanks anyway. If you remember anything else I can do I would appreciate it.

Best Regards
F

Hi again,

Thanks Rehab. As my BIOS is from HP, HP usually hides a lot of options as you probably know. I can't find any of these options:

- IGPU primary

:(

But no success. Thanks anyway. If you remember anything else I can do I would appreciate it.

Best Regards
F

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Note: The option in BIOS (if it exists) may not be labeled specifically with "DVMT-prealloc".

Hi again,

1st here it goes My IOREG View attachment 171068
I' trying to figure out where does the F4 at clover main screen save the info you want :p

UPDATE: found what you want... i guess... the all clover folder without themes. View attachment 171069

Regards
F

Clearly not telling the truth when you wrote:

Actual content of your config.plist:
config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false
config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0D220003

No expectation of working HD4600 without config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true.

Also, config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id is wrong. Must be 0x0d220003 if specified. 0D220003 is not the same as 0x0d220003. Remove it or specify correctly.

Sorry but I'm not lying... Between what I said and your replies I've been playing with config.plist.

Sorry but I'm not lying... Between what I said and your replies I've been playing with config.plist.

For what you have in config.plist currently, your results are exactly what is (and should be) expected.

If you wish to repost the requested files with the correct settings, please do so.

Hi again,

I can boot and work on OS X desktop with these settings, but as I said, VRAM shows 7MB and flickering happens for instance on passing hover safari tabs or when using dock magnification, or when playing videos.

View attachment hp_prodesk_g400_g1_sff.ioreg
View attachment CLOVER.zip

So, what do you think I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back