Contribute
Register

Intel HD Graphics Framebuffer Edits - Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits

First I apologize for breaking the rules, thank you for your help. I updated my profile.

Let's try again with my problem reporting:

Description
I have an integrated Intel HD 4600 with 2 DP and 1 DVI. QE/CI are enabled and the 2 DP work correctly. My problem is with the DVI port. The monitor connected to that port remains black but I can see the third monitor in the arrangement tab in the system preferences.

OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphic
I am on OS X 10.10.3 updated with bundle from 10.10.1. My processor is an Intel i7 3,39 GHz and I have an Intel HD 4600 graphic card.

I'm sorry but I wasn't able to find my motherboard model (I have an HP Z230 preassembled PC).

Procedure/Guide Used
If this section refers to the system install procedure I followed this one:

I reattached my config.plist and iojones.

Additional information
I had FakePCIID and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400 because I found this guide:
but now I realized that I don't need that kexts.

Attachments

• imac.iojones
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 232

Bump.

Are you sure port 0x7 is the dvi connector?

I checked some days ago with IOJones filtering for AppleIntelFramebuffer (I get three: @0, @1 and @2) and taking note of the port-number property and I had 5, 6, and 7 respectively. But I checked again today and on Framebuffer@2 I have 0 as the port-number.

EDIT: I updated to 10.10.4 yesterday, maybe this is the reason for the port-number change. Do I need to reapply the patch?

I reattached the IOJones export.

Attachments

• imac2.iojones
    1.1 MB · Views: 108

2nd request; are you sure port 0x7 is the dvi connector?

I described to you the method I used to identify the port number. Is it the right method?

How does that tell you what framebuffer (@0, @1, @2) is connected to what physical port (DP, DP, DVI)?

I started my PC with 1 display on DP1 and only AppleIntelFrameBuffer@0 had a display child element, then I started with a display on both DP1 and DP2 and the display child element was present on AppleIntelFrameBuffer@0 and AppleIntelFrameBuffer@1.

I did this test again now to be sure and I also tried to boot with DP1 and DVI connected. The display on DVI was working during boot but the computer rebooted before the login screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back