Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
Intel I7
Graphics
G-force GTX 750 TI
Hey guys, sorry if I'm missing something obvious... Im new to all this Hackintosh stuff.

My Problem:
When i load my PC, the apple loading screen is fine, but when it gets to the login page there are lots of flickering black lines that go across the screen from what i think are due to the fade animation. It then stops and i can login and then it happens again as it fades to the desktop. From then on most things are fine, but Google Chrome and the App Store (Of the programs i've tested) are affected and also flicker when anything refreshes e.g. when scrolling.

I've been searching around all day and I have tried all sorts of fixes such as using boot flags, defining the GPU ID, Installing kexts and messing around with hex files, all of which made absolutely no difference.

Something to note is that in my system info it does identify the Graphics as Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB. Also, I am using the DVI output not the VGA (I've also tried the HDMI which does the same as the DVI)

My System:
Mobo - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI
CPU - Intel Core I7 4790
RAM - Corsair 8GB
2 x Kinston SSD's (120GB Each) One running Mac Yosemite, the other running Windows 10 Technical Preview
WD Green 2TB HDD partitioned for 1TB for Mac storage and 1TB for Windows storage
Boot Loader - Chimera 4.1.0

sounds like graphics exceleration is not working, are you using iMac14,1 definitions ?

I was originally using Mac Pro 3,1 by default. I just tried IMac 14,1 with no luck either.

Would it just be easier for me to buy a GT 610 GPU or similar? I have found a 610 for about £35.

i have a GT 620 but GT 610 will work just fine as well, just need to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Ok, i'll probably try that :D

Do you know if the manufacturer of the GT 610 matters? I have found Gigabyte, Asus, EVGA etc. I figured Gigabyte might be best since my mobo is Gigabyte, but the Gigabyte is £50 compared to the Asus and most others being £35... Obviously if the Gigabyte will be best then I'm happy to pay extra, but if not ill get one of the cheaper ones

I imagine they all use the same chipset and should work OOB. My GT 620 is by PNY (just because it was ordered from Dell and that what they resell). Seems like majority of cards on the buyer's guide are EVGA so i would get one of those. Make sure it has the outputs to support your monitor(s)

search this forum for GT 610 and see how other folks got on with this card.

Brilliant, thanks for your help and advice! Ill get an EVGA one if possible and see how that fares.

I did a quick search for gt 610 and nothing came up but google brought up some results :) so not to worry

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back