Contribute
Register

Intel HD 630 issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this ig-platform-id, I am not able to boot into macOS :( It always keeps restarting at halfway through the apple logo. Is there any additional change needed in the plist together with this id?
Sounds like you have other issues. I may not have given the correct ig-platform-id as that may apply to an external GPU - sorry, just not quite sure.

With this ig-platform-id, I am not able to boot into macOS :( It always keeps restarting at halfway through the apple logo. Is there any additional change needed in the plist together with this id?

ig-platform 0x59120003 is for systems with dedicated GFX (Nvidia, ATI)... if you have only Intel HD 630 you need to install shiki.kext and add boot flag -shikigva.

ig-platform 0x59120003 is for systems with dedicated GFX (Nvidia, ATI)... if you have only Intel HD 630 you need to install shiki.kext and add boot flag -shikigva.
I already have shiki.kext placed in clover/kexts/other folder and boot flag -shikibeta (since High Sierra not supported yet??)

and -shikigva you have too?
wow.. thanks a lot!! previously I only had -shikibeta flag.. after adding -shikigva, quicksync got enabled :)

But I still have the following issues:
- Artefacts on the top right of the screen. It happens after login and whenever an application is maximised and again resized.
- Boot screen garble!

Any suggestions for these?!!

Hi @RehabMan, any ideas for the issues in my previous post (post #15)? Could increasing the DVMT memory help in some way? (I already tried increasing it to 128MB but no change..I am not sure whether any framebuffer patches are needed to support 128MB DVMT)

Hi @RehabMan, any ideas for the issues in my previous post (post #15)? Could increasing the DVMT memory help in some way? (I already tried increasing it to 128MB but no change..I am not sure whether any framebuffer patches are needed to support 128MB DVMT)

Try different ig-platform-id values.
Some have different assumptions regarding DVMT-prealloc.

Try different ig-platform-id values.
Some have different assumptions regarding DVMT-prealloc.
Ok, I will try. I am not sure if it's a basic question, but could you tell me where I might find valid ig-platform-id values that are suitable for Kaby Lake?

Ok, I will try. I am not sure if it's a basic question, but could you tell me where I might find valid ig-platform-id values that are suitable for Kaby Lake?

You can extract them from the kext binary.
I published a list that I extracted from 10.13.db1 (maybe you can find my post with google).

upload_2017-7-28_20-18-19.png

First value is ig-platform-id, second is always 0, third is display card name, fourth is ports configuration, fivth is prelocated memory, sixth is one more buffer size, seventh is always 0 and the last is total video memory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back