Contribute
Register

Intel HD 4400 causing freezing in macOS 12+ but not in macOS 11

@Edhawk and @Feartech
Look I found someone who had the same problem as me on github

It looks like the problem is the HD 4400 looks like I need to scour the internet to do find cheap 4th gen i5

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230706-132208.png
    Screenshot_20230706-132208.png
    210 KB · Views: 35
Actually after scouring the internet i was able to find out that these gpu related issues are caused by macOS 12.3 and newer. That means i can install and older version of monterey without any problems. Do you mods @Edhawk and @Feartech know about this issue and is there a workaround for this

Actually after scouring the internet i was able to find out that these gpu related issues are caused by macOS 12.3 and newer. That means i can install and older version of monterey without any problems. Do you mods @Edhawk and @Feartech know about this issue and is there a workaround for this
not sure, I have not used a Haswell for a number of years

not sure, I have not used a Haswell for a number of years
What would you recomend latest version of big sur or older version of monterey

I have a few Haswell systems but the lowest CPU still in use is an i5-4440, which uses the HD4600 IGPU. I have never bought an i3 Haswell CPU or a system incorporating one. So I have never encountered this issue.

If you plan to install an i5 CPU I would recommend you have a look in the user manual for your HP system, to check which if any CPU you can use as a replacement. The current CPU could be soldered to the motherboard so it is not a replaceable part, or have a low thermal output that a normal desktop Haswell i5 might greatly exceed making the system run too hot with a CPU with the wrong thermal cooling requirements.

Latest version of Big Sur.

I have a few Haswell systems but the lowest CPU still in use is an i5-4440, which uses the HD4600 IGPU. I have never bought an i3 Haswell CPU or a system incorporating one. So I have never encountered this issue.

If you plan to install an i5 CPU I would recommend you have a look in the user manual for your HP system, to check which if any CPU you can use as a replacement. The current CPU could be soldered to the motherboard so it is not a replaceable part, or have a low thermal output that a normal desktop Haswell i5 might greatly exceed making the system run too hot with a CPU with the wrong thermal cooling requirements.
No I have checked it is replacable and my mini pc shipped with a 60w charger so i have to keep in mind that i have to buy a "T" series cpu that draw less power and heat than there normal varients

Ok I plan on using Big sur until its support is nuked by apple and then upgrade to older version monterey, thanks for the help!!

idk, but here is my EFI folder you can check if i have done something wrong\
Judging by the date of your BOOTx64.efi (9 May 2023 at 00:53), you're on OpenCore ver. 0.9.2. You appear to have errors in your config.plist;

Code:
NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.9.2!

OCS: Missing key DisableIoMapperMapping, context <Quirks>!
OCS: Missing key GopBurstMode, context <Output>!
OCS: Missing key InitialMode, context <Output>!
OCS: Missing key ResizeUsePciRbIo, context <Quirks>!
Serialisation returns 4 errors!

UEFI->Output->InitialMode is illegal (Can only be Auto, Text, or Graphics)!
CheckUefi returns 1 error!

Completed validating ... Found 5 issues requiring attention.

if you download OpenCore version 0.9.2 and open Docs > Sample.plist then you can copy those missing keys listed above into your config.plist.

Back