Contribute
Register

Intel Hades Canyon NUC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tested with 1920x1080 on HDMI. Same glitches in same places. Therefore not related to resolution or connector.
Hi,Mr RehabMan, I got a egpu with RX570 works fine in windows10,but when Mojave boot finsh the monitor "no signal", how to disable Vega M and only use egpu, thanks

I tryed, but still got garbled fonts, read email is fine, but in editor it was not good
Sorry my Hades canyon hackintosh installed microsoft office 15.13.3, it's works without any problem.

My setup is a 4K screen and a 2K rotated at 90 (1440p) screen both on mDPs... when both are on, my 4K screen does this weird full screen glitch thing where the screen appears to whiteout or image shift for a 1/4 of a second. If I shut off the 1440p, I don't get the glitching on the 4K screen anymore...

Does anyone else see this with their hades canyon?

My setup is a 4K screen and a 2K rotated at 90 (1440p) screen both on mDPs... when both are on, my 4K screen does this weird full screen glitch thing where the screen appears to whiteout or image shift for a 1/4 of a second. If I shut off the 1440p, I don't get the glitching on the 4K screen anymore...

Does anyone else see this with their hades canyon?
yes it's happens on 4k 'retina' display, it's should be the GPU hardware acceleration problem.

Just finished Mojave installation in my NUC8i7HVK, mostly following @jumpkick's steps and the mojave installation guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/

Here's my current result:

• Full GPU acceleration
  • Network with HoRNDIS works fine
  • No Sound (will update VoodooHDA later)
  • Some graphic glitch here and there
  • Safari is totally not usable (text glitch)
  • HWMonitor works with text glitch
  • Firefox works fine
  • Xcode works fine
  • Unreal Engine works fine
  • Test metal application works fine
  • Subnautica with medium profile plays fine (Will test fortnite later)
  • Trine plays fine

Here's my steps:

1. Prepare Mojave USB drive (8GB) in VMWare (Sierra 10.12.6) with UniBeast 9.0.0 (Mojave downloaded with dosdue's Mojave Patcher); Copy EFI folder from betterclever's EFI folder to USB's EFI folder in EFI partition (might be optional); Make sure there's no MBR partition in USB (UniBeast won't report error, but it's not bootable), Erase USB with GUID partition scheme if that's the case

2. Update Bios to latest version; Disable "Secure Boot"; Disable "IntelIGD"; Disable "VT-d"; Set "Wake on LAN from S4/S5" to "Stay Off"; Enable "Boot USB Devies First"(optional); Make sure RAM is installed in Slot 1 (if there's only one RAM), otherwise Installer will stuck after "Random Seed"

3. Install from USB (Press F10 when booting, select USB to boot)

4. Reboot from USB (press F10 to select boot drive), run Multibeast, add VoodooHDA 2.9.1 driver (Update: Don't do that, the 2.9.1 comes with Multibeast wont work, just download and install the latest 2.9.1SSE), build and install

5. Replace SDD's EFI folder with betterclever's EFI folder (Use EFI Mounter v3 for easy EFI mounting); Reboot with USB unpluged, done!

6. (Optional) Download and install RehabMan's FakeSMC+HWMonitor release for CPU/GPU/SSD temperature monitoring

------Update 1-------
  • Unigine Valley Result: Score 1462 with Extreme HD preset (About same result as GTX1050)
  • Fornite plays fine (not sure about the fps)
  • Still no sound after update VoodooHDA to latest version
  • GFXBench Metal wont run (reported "Virtualized or custom OS.")
  • Splashtop XDisplay with iPad connected via USB works for 1 or 2 minutes then lost connection

------Update 2-------
  • Fornite plays at 45~60fps in "High" setting; 30~45fps in "Epic" setting
  • Somehow sound working now after multiple rebooting (not sure what happened)
  • If "Disable 2D Acceleration" with Quartz Debug, some graphic glitch goes away
Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 11.41.52 PM.png

Before:
Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 11.39.47 PM.png

After:
Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 11.41.09 PM.png

------Update 3-------

• Geekbench CPU Score 4757(single core), 15144(multi core), 94176(OpenCL)
Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 5.17.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 5.14.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 4.58.56 PM.png

------Update 4-------

• Can confirm the garble text rendering is metal issue

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 10.55.44 AM.png

Unity in Metal mode

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 10.55.03 AM.png

Unity in OpenGL mode

------Update 5-------
  • Upgrade to 10.14.3 successfully

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 3.17.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 3.17.02 PM.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 234
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 11.35.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 11.35.35 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Anyone got HDMI Audio works?

There're multiple HDMI devices shows in output devices with VoodooHDA but none of them working. (So far only rear jack works).

@mostlypcmac just stumbled across this thread, very interesting. My use case is quite simple, I purchased my NUK8i7HVK to pair up with a Drobo 5D3 to act as VMware server, Plex, Photos....general workload stuff, with the option of maybe playing some games at some point. I installed Windows, thinking that would be great, only Drobo don't support TB3, only USB-C Gen1 (annoying), also the reality is the household has moved to Mac. I started to think about a Mac mini, but also the thought to Hackintosh the NUC was more interesting, especially given it's mostly headless operation.

So my question, any chance you have tested ThunderBolt 3 as working?

Looks like I now have something to test, hoping that I might be able to ask for some further guidance as this is new to me. Thanks @mostlypcmac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back