Contribute
Register

Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems the apple stock driver (Intel82574L.kext) doesn't like the sandy bridge chipset or in my case the Z68. I tested in a Asus P6T-SE with a i7-920 and it works just fine in 10.7.3. On my GA-Z68X-UD5, it stops working after a few seconds.

:thumbup:
Thanks for this easy fix! I'll tried with Hnaks first, but got the same problems like Hacktivist. With this Tutorial my

Intel EXPI9301CTBLK PRO 1000 LAN

works fine!

clavis

Hi guys.

I own a Intel Gigabit CT and using it on a P5Q-Pro.
The card was working on 10.6.8 until i installed EasyBeast in order to provide me with Shutdown and restart functions.
I don't know if anyone had the same problem. Just wanted to pointed that out.
I had to do the hack decribed here to get it working again.

ishige said:
This card works better in Lion than Snow Leopard.
I can't use wake on demand function in snow leopard,
because after that the sleep function was broken.
However, WOL works in Snow Leopard.
When change to Lion, both WOL or WOD works great.

I did not use the driver from MultiBeast because lake of WOD function.

I'm thinking of buying this Intel 9301 NIC for my system, but heard about the issues with wake/sleep, which I need. Did you do the device id hack listed in post #1 of this thread and now have all this working in Lion? Just wanted to confirm this before I buy this card.

solidst8 said:
I'm thinking of buying this Intel 9301 NIC for my system, but heard about the issues with wake/sleep, which I need. Did you do the device id hack listed in post #1 of this thread and now have all this working in Lion? Just wanted to confirm this before I buy this card.

This card works good in Lion, no issues with wake/sleep.
You can use WOD function to wake up the system from another mac.
Of course, I did apply the device id hack.
Here is the speed when I copy a 14GB file from the SSD on MacMini server.
It's really fast~~. download: 114MB/s, upload: 91.8MB/s

Attachments

• Intel NIC speed.jpg
    Intel NIC speed.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 408
solidst8 said:
I don't know about issues with sleep, but I do have this card and the same chipset as you and the card does NOT work properly with the Z68 chipset. It works for a few seconds, then stops.

I mention this because it might be related to the specific chipset family (Sandy Bridge). See this post: viewtopic.php?p=317798#p317798

Thanks for the feedback guys. I absolutely love Intel NICs and initially wanted to get the 9301, but I decided instead to get a NIC that uses the stock Marvell Yukon2 kext. I got the Rosewill RC 401 EX ~$25 on Amazon. Works OOB wake on lan and sleep works fine. Performance is so much better than my on-board Realtek. And best of all, no kext mods or hacks. Just plug it in and don't worry about it breaking on the next OSX update.

It works OOB on my Lion 10.7.4 o_O The System Report tells me that the card uses AppleIntelE1000e.kext

I just wanna make sure that I don't miss anything by using this kext or should I still apply that kext fix patch of yours?

Please, reply

Would like to echo that with Z68AP-D3 mb there is the same problem of the NIC disappearing after a few seconds.

This is on 10.7.3

Would be really great to use the Apple vanilla Kext.

Has any tried on 10.7.4 with sandybridge?

Thanks
A

EDIT : Installed the hnac intel driver from Multibeast 4.5.2 and it has worked fine. Thanks !
Anyone tried the 10.7.4 Apple kext on a z68 board?

Hi had same problem on my Sandy bridge (had it already with 10.6.8)

With last update it was not working anymore.

Use this kext: http://www.MegaShare.com/4317498, this will fix the problem.
It is original Apple KEXT (from older version of OSX, I guess I pulled it from 10.6.2 or something but it still works on 10.7.4 like a charm). The PCI ID is already patched.

Replace it in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamliy.kext/Contents/Plugins/
There you see an Intel82574L.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back