Contribute
Register

Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed this card a good few months ago using the a genuine edited Intel82574L.kext
But recently realised that in 10.6.7 & 10.6.8 that WOL function was not available in the power options menu.

Tried hnak's AppleIntelE1000e.kext that is included in the SL edition of multibeast but still no joy however he has recently released a newer driver, v2.0.0 which works a treat.

I got my card today (EXPI9301CTBLK) and I can confirm that it still works with the kext patch from the first page on 10.7.4.

Got this card because I had troubles with my onboard Realtek and Lnx2Mac's driver. My network connection always didn't come back when I disabled it or unplugged the cable ... had to reboot every time. Additionally sometimes the network was not working after a fresh reboot and I had to boot again, sometimes for a few times until it worked.

That's now gone and everything is working perfect with the Intel card.

is this card still working with ML?

I installed this card a good few months ago using the a genuine edited Intel82574L.kext
But recently realised that in 10.6.7 & 10.6.8 that WOL function was not available in the power options menu.

Tried hnak's AppleIntelE1000e.kext that is included in the SL edition of multibeast but still no joy however he has recently released a newer driver, v2.0.0 which works a treat.

yes but are you able to send the WoL packet to wake it up? I think that's the issue - the option is there but it does nothing.

Have any of you guys had issues with the App Store using this card? I can't seem to get any of the patches to work.

Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter - no WoL after OSX shutdown

The card (with edit) works fine in ML on GA-Z77N-Wifi (but without wifi), but WoL does not work if machine is powered off from ML itself.
If I switch it off after BIOS (and before ML loads) or from Linux, WOL works perfectly (there is power to the card)
Shutdown from ML & there is no longer any power to the card, so WoL can not work

Obviously it is ML at fault

sebus

This looks like an old thread but I think my findings can help others using motherboards with the Z68 chipset.

I was tired of the iffy performance of the Realtek card embedded in my GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 and so I decided to give the Intel Gigabit CT a go. In the UK I found it on http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001CY0P7G/?tag=tonymacx86-21 for about £23.00, therefore quite affordable.

I run Lion 10.7.5 and it did not work out of the box, even after editing info.plist as per first post from Hacktivist. I had several unsuccessful attempts until reading Blacksector's post (BTW, thank you!) put me on the right track. His link for the kext that worked is now dead (for obvious reasons) so I scoured my drawers until I found Snow Leopard's original disc. I got Intel82574L.kext, version 1.0.1b48 from it, modified its info.plist, installed it, repaired permissions, rebooted and voila, the network card now works a treat.
I can't believe how much faster than the Realtek this card is.

Incidentally, I also tried versions 1.0.1b47 (from Leopard) and 2.1.8b1 (from Snow Leopard 10.6.8) and neither worked.

I didn't have to disable the Realtek, Lion sees them both as en0 and en1. I did, however change EthernetBuiltIn from Yes to No in org.chameleon.Boot.plist (though, I don't really think it makes any difference).

I have attached the kext that works (info.plist is already modified).

Attachments

• Intel82574L.kext.zip
    107.5 KB · Views: 268
Bumping this old thread to note that the old plist hack no longer works for me on 10.8.5.

All I get at startup is:

Intel82574L::start - Built Jul 29 2013 16:41:53 -- running on device at b3 d0 f0
Intel82574L::start - interruptEventSource failed 0, 0

I'm going to attempt reverting to the version of the driver in the 10.8.4 combo update. I'd rather use the vanilla driver if possible instead of the (for me) unstable e1000e driver.

Edit: No luck with the rollback. Guess it's wireless for me for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back