Contribute
Register

Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
pawo99 said:
did you tried install hnak kext from multibeast?

thx for quick reply :thumbup:

nope, never used multibeast :rolleyes:

can you attach the kext, maybe ?

thx

CooSee ' Ya

you can easily install it from multibeast 3.8. it's kext under network section: hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet. you can download multibeast from this site under download section.

pawo99 said:
you can easily install it from multibeast 3.8. it's kext under network section: hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet. you can download multibeast from this site under download section.

thanks for effort :!:

already installed hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet kext with Multibeast.

it's working now :mrgreen:

thx to Tony ( Multibeast ) and hnak.

but i'am still curious why didn't work for me with this plist edit Method :!: :?:

CooSee ' Ya

Hi to all,

since I plan doing a 10.6.8 installation from the 10.6 dvd, I just wanted to know if the hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet lext is in version multibeast version 3.7.3 will function

thanks in advance

pbrille said:
Hmmm I got a very strange behaviour in Lion. At first the card seems to work. It's getting an IP-Address and I can USE the network connection for around 10-20 seconds.
Then there's a communication breakdown. No ping no network no nothing.
tcpdump actually shows that there's SOME traffic, but the card is completely out of order.
/var/log/kernel.log doesn't show any output...
Please help, I need to get VLAN running ;-)
THX

Edit:

I figured it's not the time but the amount of traffic which let's the connection die. If I'm just pinging it keeps working. If I access google.com, still working. But if I try to access a bigger site or an smb share, the connection gets disfunctional.
I tried:
- different PCIe Slot
- some different MTU
- Full Duplex / Full Duplex with Flow Control
- 100 Mbit / 1000 Mbit

It's always the same problem. Please help
I'm seeing the exact same problem. I have the following card:
PCODE: EXPI930ICT
Version: E39199-007
Date: 07/23/2011
Made in Thailand

I had to edit the plist as described in the first post (Thanks to the OP!).
The card works for a few dozen seconds, then stops responding.
In the kernel log, I find at the time it stops working:

23.09.11 12:37:05.000 AM kernel: 00000000 00000000 Intel82574L::timeoutHandler - has to reset the chipset once since there is still no link for the workaround

People who claim to have real Mac Pros also seem to observe issues with Lion and their 82574L-based ethernet ports:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/33 ... 0&tstart=0
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1202229

I just wanted to add that I have this mobo:
http://www.jetwaycomputer.com/NAF92-Q67.html

With an internal 82574L (unfortunately it has two NICs but stupidly they're not the same!!!)

I was able to get the 82574L working ONLY by adding the "0x10D38086 to this line
Code:
<string>0x10D38086 0x104b8086 0x10f68086</string>

i didn't change anything else.

I finally got my nic working by system preference and going to networking and it said found new connection and auto setup for me.

I had previously installed the kext with Multi-beast 3.9.1 and it kept saying no internet. In utilities it said the card was there and showed it was an intel card and showed its mac address, but no IP. Just when I was aboput to give up and start manual editing, I seen system preference when I found the networking section.

zhell said:
I'm seeing the exact same problem.
I had to edit the plist as described in the first post (Thanks to the OP!).
The card works for a few dozen seconds, then stops responding.
In the kernel log, I find at the time it stops working:

23.09.11 12:37:05.000 AM kernel: 00000000 00000000 Intel82574L::timeoutHandler - has to reset the chipset once since there is still no link for the workaround

People who claim to have real Mac Pros also seem to observe issues with Lion and their 82574L-based ethernet ports:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/33 ... 0&tstart=0
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1202229

I tried another but identical card without success. Could someone give me a hint where to search for reasons or for hints? I need to get this card working in order to use VLAN tagging.

pbrille said:
I tried another but identical card without success. Could someone give me a hint where to search for reasons or for hints? I need to get this card working in order to use VLAN tagging.

This card works better in Lion than Snow Leopard.
I can't use wake on demand function in snow leopard,
because after that the sleep function was broken.
However, WOL works in Snow Leopard.
When change to Lion, both WOL or WOD works great.

I did not use the driver from MultiBeast because lake of WOD function.

I ran into same problems under OS X Lion 10.7.2: After enabling the Intel EXPI9301CTBLK PRO1000 via the method mentioned in the first post of this thread the card works for about 10 seconds and then stop working. No messages in console.app or other hints. ifconfig en0 shows a working device. The stock driver by Apple seems to be not 100% compatible to the card, I don't know..

Nevertheless a solution is only some clicks far away. Just use the hnak's driver, it's shipped with Multibeast 4.2.1.

With this driver everything works like a charme:

• sleep/wake
• iTunes Match
• Bonjour/AFP via Macs and Linux servers (with compiled netatalk package)

I did some load tests: Copying 5 instances of really big images to my hackintosh, destinations were local disk, extern firewire disk and a second mac connected via AFP.

I've got about 100 MB/s in both directions (TX/RX) and putting the hackintosh during the copyprocess to sleep does'nt matter - OS X resumed the copying of the 5 files.

I'm happy now, networking is crucial and I've got a lot of trouble resp. wasted my time with the these crappy Realtek Chips and the drivers by Lnx2Mac and Realtek.

I can't say anything about WakeOnLan and OS X < 10.7 - sorry.

My Specs for 2 hacks:

• Mainboard Gigabyte UD3H B3 Rev. 1.3 with DSDT.aml by tonymac (F10 Bios)
• i5 2500k
• XFX 6850/6870 GPU (CPU-integrated Intel HD3000 works ootb too)
• 1x Samsung 830 256 GB
• 1x Intel 320 300 GB
• 16 GB RAM
• Lacie Firewire 800 PCIe
• Intel EXPI9301CTBLK PRO100 PCIe
• Disabled: onboard LAN, onboard Firewire 400, onboard USB3, onboard additional SATA3 Ports (Marvell)

Another tip: If you don't need wired Gigabit Ethernet, go with the Apple USB Ethernet Adapter. It is working out of the box and does a solid job. This is my fallback if something goes wrong with the Intel card or the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back