Contribute
Register

Intel Core i5-2410m & i5-2430m

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is manually calculated states. I can't test it because I don't have i7 and I don't know how many states are possible with i7. If you will give me info about that, so, I can help.

EugeneY, would the 2310m users gain more P-States with this method?

Or would there be anything to lose?

If you share how you did them, I would try it myself.

blueking said:
EugeneY, would the 2310m users gain more P-States with this method?

Or would there be anything to lose?

If you share how you did them, I would try it myself.
That's maybe bad for your hardware because It's not supported such things as turbo boost.
The best thing is to compare your Mac OS X Geekbench result with Windows one. If it's the same, so, everything is ok and you can't get more.

The SSDT isn't only the turbo boost I don't think is it?

I thought it was C and P states? And those enable the turbo boost?

Version 3.1.0 (December 28th, 2011):
-Removed the functional but not perfect ethernet kext and added Lnx2Mac's ethernet installer to install his kext which works a lot better
-Added support for two i5 CPU's using DROP SSDT methods as well as new SSDT.aml's for them
-Changed installer to not say that installing system files erased DSDT, as it no longer does
-Changed permissions to /Extra folder so everyone can edit it without typing their password each time

from installer:

"This will install a SSDT.aml to Extra which enables native Turbo Boost.

Please note this also will change your org.chameleon.boot.plist to remove the Generate C and P states, and adds DropSSDT which is needed."

let me know how it works!

(Can be found on first post of lion thread.)

I tested 1post method with SSDT.aml and the other method where somebody posted modified DSDT.aml. I get a tiny bit higher score with the modified DSDT.aml (like 50 to 100 points). I don't know if this is related but after applying SSDT.aml my Wireless connection went weird - it connected to access point but didn't have internet access (tried two access points with the same results).
When stock i got around 5.1k points, after enabling turbo it went up to 6.1k - 6.2k
I have i5 2430M/6490/F20/8GB RAM (1 stock module the other from Probook 5320m).

Yes, my score was around 5000 and now with the new Installer it went 6500.
Probook 4530s/Core i5 2310m/8GB RAM KIngston/Amd6490&HD3000

Last edited by a moderator:
EugeneY, can you please share how you calculated and made the SSDT.aml?

I want to be able to do it for other CPU's, such as the i7 2630QM or other CPU's people have.

blueking said:
EugeneY, can you please share how you calculated and made the SSDT.aml?

I want to be able to do it for other CPU's, such as the i7 2630QM or other CPU's people have.
First of all, they need to take all SSDT's from AIDA64.
About calculation:
0x0BB8 - 3.0GHz
0x0B54 - 2.9GHz
and so on.
So for turbo boost with max value 3.1GHz we need to add the next package:
Package (0x06)
{
0x0C1C, //3.1GHz
0x88B8,
0x0A,
0x0A,
0x1F00,