Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 4400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Been searching quite a bit about integrated webcams on hacks and figured I would ask before giving up. I have Yosemite running on a Dell Inspiron 7437. Everything works as it should except the webcam. The device appears in system Information under the USB section, listed as "Integrated webcam-HD".

Here is some info from system information:

Code:
Integrated_Webcam_HD:

Product ID:    0x6a00
  Vendor ID:    0x0c45  (Sonix Technology Co., Ltd.)
  Version:    38.02
  Speed:    Up to 480 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer:    1234567890-1CG
  Location ID:    0x14500000 / 1
  Current Available (mA):    500
  Current Required (mA):    500

When opening any app that uses the camera, I get a black screen and no leds turn on on the cam. I've also tried using the cameraControl app before opening any app that uses the camera with no luck. Is it possible to get this working? thanks

Been searching quite a bit about integrated webcams on hacks and figured I would ask before giving up. I have Yosemite running on a Dell Inspiron 7437. Everything works as it should except the webcam. The device appears in system Information under the USB section, listed as "Integrated webcam-HD".

Here is some info from system information:

Code:
Integrated_Webcam_HD:

Product ID:    0x6a00
  Vendor ID:    0x0c45  (Sonix Technology Co., Ltd.)
  Version:    38.02
  Speed:    Up to 480 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer:    1234567890-1CG
  Location ID:    0x14500000 / 1
  Current Available (mA):    500
  Current Required (mA):    500

When opening any app that uses the camera, I get a black screen and no leds turn on on the cam. I've also tried using the cameraControl app before opening any app that uses the camera with no luck. Is it possible to get this working? thanks

The fix is to open CameraControl *after* you open the app you want to use.

Same effect, black screen on both cameracontrol and the app I want to use.

Should I be certain then that my cam won't work if cameraControl doesn't fix it? thanks

I've not personally run into a situation that the camera didn't work... so I have very little experience with those that don't.

Hi, I have the exact system, but System Report doesn't show any Camera or USB shows no Camera. Did you ever get this working? Appreciate the guidance. Thanks

Hi, I have the exact system, but System Report doesn't show any Camera or USB shows no Camera. Did you ever get this working? Appreciate the guidance. Thanks

What version of OS X?

What version of OS X?
Rehabman,

I am running Sierra. But I did discover the solution. I used USBInjectAll and it started working. Slight hiccup, is once the camera is activated, it no longer will turn off until next reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back