CPU
i5
Graphics
Radeon RX580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm doing a fresh install of Mavericks on my Probook 4730s. I had no problem installing OSX before but at that point I had the factory screen. I've since updated to a 1920x1080 screen which had been working for me fine. Now when I try to do the fresh install, I get to the reboot and the screen whites out. It sort of fades to white. I've tried all of the boot switches including the platformID for high resolution screens but I am getting nowhere.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

I'm doing a fresh install of Mavericks on my Probook 4730s. I had no problem installing OSX before but at that point I had the factory screen. I've since updated to a 1920x1080 screen which had been working for me fine. Now when I try to do the fresh install, I get to the reboot and the screen whites out. It sort of fades to white. I've tried all of the boot switches including the platformID for high resolution screens but I am getting nowhere.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Make sure you're following the guide. What do you mean by 'I get to the reboot'?

Sorry for the delay in responding. I had been out of town. I had my problem at step 12 in the process, having installed Mavericks from the USB and then rebooting. However, I took your advice and started over, more closely following the directions. I didn't bother checking the bios settings the first time because I figured it had been working with the last install and they shouldn't have been changed. I reset the bios and then turned off the Virtualization Technology and then it was smooth sailing.

It's working perfectly now. Thanks so much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back