Intel Core i9 9900K
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
This is my first time to setup a customac. everything was according to the guide step by step. Now I have installed Sierra successfully!

But it seems no device is working correctly, no sound, no bluetooth, no wifi(I did some research here, maybe no way to make it working).

Now the big problem is NVIDIA is not running in the right way ( the NVIDIA web drivers was installed, Clover config.plist was updated ). There is a NVIDIA icon on the top bar, and I once saw something like "NVIDIA 7m" on the Graphic of system overview. but after I restarted the system several times, there is only a black screen and no signal when entering the desktop.

I will continue doing some research on it, and keep updating this thread. I hope someone can help me meanwhile. Thanks!

Hardware:

Core i7-6700K
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 (Bios Version F5, 25/05/2016)
Gigabyte GTX 970 ITX
Kingston 2400 16G * 2
Samsung Pro 850 256G

Last edited:
Thank you ramachor,

UEFI DualBIOS

Model Name Z170N-Gaming 5
BIOS Version: F5
BIOS Date 04/25/2016

Thank you ramachor,

UEFI DualBIOS

BIOS Date 04/25/2016

Hello there! We have the same mobo! I can send you my files so you can test them. Did you replace the wifi/bluetooth card that come with the motherboard? It's a must if you want wifi/bluetooth to work!

Thank you ramachor,

UEFI DualBIOS

BIOS Date 04/25/2016

He's asking what "smbios" (system definition) you are using, not BIOS version.

Hello there! We have the same mobo! I can send you my files so you can test them. Did you replace the wifi/bluetooth card that come with the motherboard? It's a must if you want wifi/bluetooth to work!

thank you! my NVIDIA web drivers is running now!
No, I did not replace the wifi/bluetooth. I thought they are supported, this is the only reason I bought such a expensive motherboard....

He's asking what "smbios" (system definition) you are using, not BIOS version.
oh my bad, I just googled smbios. :p

I am reinstalling macos now. I need a fresh one and learn to install the drivers again. in fact I just paid for someone to help me to install the graph card driver. I am very urgent to make it working, because I need to do some 3D work asap..

Hi!

How you make it work, i have the gaming 3 (original bios f2)

And a 970gtx asus but when i install the web driver if i say use web driver the pc restarts booting

I asked someone to help me to fix it, and it seems very simple, just changed some options via clover configurator.

Now I have reinstalled the Sierra again, but use pure Clover loader this time, followed this video:

in the post installation step, I installed the NVIDIA driver the same way as I did before
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-1-367-15-10-15.205568/

And I did some config via the Clover Configurator:
Boot options: check these options, dart=0, nvda_drv=1, kext-dev-mode=1
reboot, the NVIDIA drivers make sense at last!!

Just play around the Clover Configurator.

Last edited:
what smbios are you using?
I got the SMBIOS now. it is, IMac 14,2, nothing more.

I chose Mac Pro before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back