Contribute
Register

Installing Mavericks OSX on Alienware m14x Please advice & Assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Alienware m14x
CPU
Intel Core i7 2.0GHZ
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

Special thanks to Tonymacx86 for the Unibeast: OSX Mavericks guide, I have been running OSX on Windows 7 using Vmware but this time I want to install OSX has a full operating system on my Alienware m14x.

I have followed the guide here provided by Tonymacx86 and created USB installer, I powered and plugged in the USB stick it booted successfully to the installer screen.

I noticed my keyboard and track pad did not work I was worried but I plugged in a usb mouse and it worked.

My concern and worry is if I do go ahead with the installation, would my keyboard and track pad work after the installing OSX on my Alienware? Does Tonymacx86 guide include drivers for PC (Alienware)?

My laptop details are below:

Alienware m14x
i7 2.0GHZ
Graphic card: GT 555m
Hard drive :500GB
Ram: 8GB

Please your suggestions and advice will be appreciated or anyone else who have tried this on an alienware or similar please kindly advice thanks.

Hello,

Special thanks to Tonymacx86 for the Unibeast: OSX Mavericks guide, I have been running OSX on Windows 7 using Vmware but this time I want to install OSX has a full operating system on my Alienware m14x.

I have followed the guide here provided by Tonymacx86 and created USB installer, I powered and plugged in the USB stick it booted successfully to the installer screen.

I noticed my keyboard and track pad did not work I was worried but I plugged in a usb mouse and it worked.

My concern and worry is if I do go ahead with the installation, would my keyboard and track pad work after the installing OSX on my Alienware? Does Tonymacx86 guide include drivers for PC (Alienware)?

My laptop details are below:

Alienware m14x
i7 2.0GHZ
Graphic card: GT 555m
Hard drive :500GB
Ram: 8GB

Please your suggestions and advice will be appreciated or anyone else who have tried this on an alienware or similar please kindly advice thanks.

There is no native support for PS2 devices in OS X. You have to install such support post-install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back