Contribute
Register

Installing Mavericks Asrock Z77 Extreme 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My process was ( not 100% if it'll work for because you're not flashing the BIOS ):

Flash to modified 2.7 Bios

Install Mavericks

boot into mavericks from USB with -v -x

Install Ethernet KEXT

reboot, -v -x

use Multibeast

reboot, -v -x

adjust boot.plist:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
PCIRootUID=0
npci=0x2000 (for video card)
( any extra stuff you need/want)

reboot from Mavericks drive

load USB kext.

If i remember correctly, this is what I did, but I got it going a couple weeks ago now and was an idiot an didn't write it all out. Hope this partial info helps.

Also, I never got the DSDT file to work for me correctly. I was having major Graphics issues. KP's and Boot Cache errors even with useKernalCache=false and -f.

Ok I patched to 2.70 modded but the last part of your post about USB kext, which USB kext are you referring to? Installing via easybeast settings I tried both selecting and not using the USB 3.0 but neither fix the lock up issue. I tried a DSDT install using the file attached in the op but that gives me a kp. Can't make my own DSDT because maciasl doesn't support the z77 extreme4 apparently. But what USB kext are you using? Can you attach it here?

Like I said I don't care about sleep or Realtek audio (I use an external USB interface), but I can't use mavericks unless this USB issue is solved. I've literally spent the entire day since early this morning reinstalling mavs probly a dozen times and it's this one stupid issue holding me back. Perhaps I'll just downgrade to mountain lion. Looks like mavs just won't work on this mobo.

It's the GenericUSBXHCI.kext. I wanna say it's already there? I temperately remove it and reload it after with kextbeast. I'll attach it just in case.

It works, it took me two weeks of loading and reloading making small tweaks before I landed on something that worked.

View attachment GenericUSBXHCI.kext.zip

And it just keeps getting worse. This is what I get now. After I switch over from HD4000 to my 6850, I almost always get this now. Why is AppleHDA loading even though I never installed any audio options? Nothing I've tried works like changing strings like graphicsenabler yes/no etc. I can only boot in either safe mode or switch over to IGP. This was never an issue on Mountain Lion.

image.jpg

Edit: Ok, out of frustration I simply deleted some kexts. I deleted AppleHDA, GenericUSB (unfortunetly the one you attached didnt work), and both IOBluetooth kexts. Repaired/Fixed permissions and rebooted. No issues. I even inserted a flash drive and turned on my EHD and no lockup. Rebooted twice with no errors, and watching in verbose mode the error messages I took a pic of did not occur. Now when it gets to the power management CPU is unrecognized blah blah line then it loads to desktop.

Theres NO WAY its that easy. Surely I borked something down the line by deleting those kexts (and I didnt even bother doing it in single user mode, I was just in safemode and deleted the files from Finder and then repairing permissions doing sudo diskutil repairPermissions / in terminal. Then I rebooted).

I left my EHD plugged in and will come back in an hour to see how its going. Earlier today I thought I had it stable but after 30 minutes the system locked up when I powered down the EHD.

When it stops on the Bluetooth stuff, it's almost ALWAYS Graphics related. As for the crash, I'm not sure. It might have something to do with the PowerManagement stuff? maybe? I'm glad you've been able to boot into the system, but sorry to hear your having more/different issues. Now that it's running correctly, you could try adding the USB Kext back in and see if that fixes the issue? It's a shot in the dark, at this point I'm not sure if I'll be any help.

**EDIT**
That reminds me. To get my Graphics Card to work correctly, 2xGeForce 550 TI, I removed all the Kexts related to video except those for NVIDIA.

edit: emo rant removed.

Ok some interesting developments. I said I was gonna downgrade back to ML, so I installed ML, but I was getting THE SAME DAMN ERROR regarding Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport! error. I couldnt believe it, ML was such an easy install process for me that for some reason I was getting the same deal. I was using the last updated version of Multibeast for ML, and made a unibeast of 10.8.5 which I thankfully never deleted from my working laptop.

Anyway I did some googling and came upon this: http://quickwebgems.blogspot.com/2013/11/hackintosh-missing-bluetooth-controller.html

So I installed ML as I normally do, booted into ML using safemode, installed Multibeast settings and rebooted. Sure enough got the Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport error, so I rebooted again only this time into safe mode, and followed the instructions listed on the bottom of that article. Rebooted, and sure enough I got into desktop mode. In fact it boots faster, restarts/shutdowns faster after I removed those kext.

So it appears this I really really hope fixes the issues with my 6850. BUT this is where it gets interesting. After I removed those ppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* kexts, I immediately inserted a flash drive. Before installing that OSX-INDO usb kexts, it would always instantly lock up the system. But not this time. I didnt install any fix, didnt install the Generic USB 3.0 driver that comes with Multibeast. EHD, Flash drive etc etc no issue thus far.

Is it really possible that the GPU kexts I had to remove for some reason would make USB unstable? Could this be the culprit all along?

Anyway Im reinstalling W7 on my new 1tb drive, and will attempt to install Mavericks again, this time removing the kexts as I did before. Really hope this works.

Well I've been running mavericks with out issue for days now. I dunno but removing those kexts seem to have fixed every issue I have. Rebooted dozens of times without fail, left mavericks running for hours on end with multiple USB devices and not a single issue. I'm pretty comfortable in saying mavericks is running stable which is hard to believe with the issues I was facing before removing the kexts. Perhaps I'll write a guide.

Hello
I wanted to ask for help.
I have a motherboard asrock z77 extream 4.
CPU i5 2500k
ati 6950 2gb
I tutoriales.install other maverick.
ethernet driver install ok
I have to restart the gray screen with apple drawing and does not start.
The only way to start is with the pendrive.
I use the flags are f GraphicsEnabler = Yes-PCUIRootUID01
.'m Spanish and my English is very malo.No quite understand what you put into the guide.
when you say 2.70 and patched the bios you want decir.Instalar the 2.70 version of the bios and it esta.o to do something else.
then I see that there is to configure the bios as in point 2.

point 4 is download the file and leave it in the escritorio.open Multibeast and
do this
Quick Start -> UserDSDT -> and select your DSDT.aml from desktop
Drivers -> Disk -> 3rd Party SATA
Drivers -> Sound -> RealtekALCxxx -> With DSDT -> ALC898
Drivers -> Disk -> 3rd Party SATA

install ethernet driver

to you maverick resets and runs smoothly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back