Nvidia G 103M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello Everyone!

I just Just installed Mavericks 10.9.1 on my desktop and its working almost perfect. My PC configuration is:
Code:
MotherBoard: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 (with a patched bios 2.70)
CPU: I7 3770K
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 Corsair
SSD: Kingston 120 GB Sata 3
There are many tutorials where on this forum how to install, and i will be short and post all the things that i have done and made until now to work.

*** First of all make sure you have purchased the Mavericks OS from AppStore ***

I have make it bootable (10.9.1) on USB using unibeast

1. For this motherboard you have to patch the bios with 2.70 (or the latest) - you can find it here:
http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asrock/z77/
What i did i downgraded from 2.90 to 2.70 and patched the bios.

2. Go in bios and make this settings - you can find it this link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3777028/2013 Hackintosh/v1.2.0.html

3. Install the system using the onboard graphics card (latter you can use other card if you have)

4. Download DSDT (i attached the file) or you can find and download from here too:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/83501-asrock-z77-extrem4-sleep-wake-4.html
Only with DSDT spleep and wake will work.

5. Make sure DSDT.aml is on your desktop and now its time for Multibeast and check the following:
Quick Start -> UserDSDT -> and select your DSDT.aml from desktop
Drivers -> Disk -> 3rd Party SATA
Drivers -> Audio -> RealtekALCxxx -> With DSDT -> ALC898
Drivers -> Disk -> 3rd Party SATA
Drivers -> Disk ->TRIM Enabler -> 10.9.x TRIM Patch (Only if using SSD)

6. If you have an ATI HD 7850 Saphire 2GB you can use the kext from attachement.

7. Install the network kext (download the kext from attchments) with kextbeast.

8. If you have an alternative graphic card you can go in bios and change Primary Graphics Adapter -> PCI Express

For me with this ATI card is not working changing the Primary Graphics Adapter -> PCI Express in bios, when the PC start i see symbols (see the picture). Only works if set Primary Graphics Adapter -> Onboard and boot blindly until Mavercks start.

I do a quick benchmark with this video driver and the results, lets say are good (see the picture)

What is not working: USB 3.0 (4 ports) - I will keep it posted if i found something.

Can anyone please help me with that blindly boot?

Cheers! (Sorry for my bad english)

Attachments

• Asrock_Z77_extreme_4_DSDT.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,859
  • AMD7850Kext.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 656
  • BCM57781.zip
    733.3 KB · Views: 1,827
  • 20140107_165130.jpg
    20140107_165130.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 2,072
  • Benchmark.png
    Benchmark.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,029
Did you figure out your blind boot problem? I am having the same problem, asrock z77 extreme4, i5 HD2500 & Nvidia GTX560.

Ok, really banging my head against a wall at this point.

The OS loaded safely. I was able to initially load into Mavericks via -x.

First I used KextBeast to install the Ethernet Kext. Rebooted into -x again, drivers worked, access to internet.

From there I used the supplied files to start the MultiBeast install. This is where the issue starts. I've done this, three times, and have gotten to almost the same spot all three times. After the MultiBeast install, I can no longer, at all, boot into OSx.

I get a panic error. that reads something like (image attached):

Panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80002dc19e): Kernal trak at 0xffffff7f808e9cb, type 13=general protection, registers:
~
~
~
~
~
fault CR2: 0xffffff81c1bbd000, Error code: 0x0000000000000000, Fault CPU: 0x0

Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Kernal Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement(216.0)[A6EE4D7B-228E-3A3C-95BA-10ED6F331236]@0XFFFFFF7F8088D000->0XFFFFFF7F80BDFFF

Can anyone help me out with this? I know the ASRock MOBO I have works with Mavericks, people are doing it. Clearly. But for some reason, I'm having a real issue.

System stats are below:

ASRock z77 Extreme4
i7 3770
2xGForce 550 TI 1g
(no SSD in system)
(Win7 loaded and working)
IMG_20140216_211919_312.jpg

Did you patch your BIOS?

Yea, flashed from 2.2 to 2.9.

I've removed the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement && AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient KEXT files. It made the Kernel panic stop, and I'm on to a new issue. It might have something do to with MOBO, or its with the Graphics cards I have? Not 100% sure what's causing the Debugger error now. The link to the new thread I started is below.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/125147-geforce-550-ti-mavericks-maybe.html#post764323

Because I'm unsure what the actual cause is, though it'd be better to start fresh. If it ends up being related to the MOBO, I'll make sure to update here so others can gain some benefit. But if you could take a peek and see if you have some insight, that'd be awesome.

Hello Everyone!

I just Just installed Mavericks 10.9.1 on my desktop and its working almost perfect. My PC configuration is:
Code:
MotherBoard: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 (with a patched bios 2.70)
CPU: I7 3770K
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 Corsair
SSD: Kingston 120 GB Sata 3
There are many tutorials where on this forum how to install, and i will be short and post all the things that i have done and made until now to work.

Hey BCI...
I have the same setup but having issues installing. I'm starting by installing snow leopard, then to ML, then to Mavericks. I can't get ethernet to start in SL. Did you do a straight install to mavericks with this setup?

Thanks.

I installed Mavericks using a bit of this guide as well as a few of my instructions that I posted for Mountain Lion a while back. Im in it right now and all seems well, however Im having the dreaded USB lockup issue.

Whenever I insert a flash drive or turn on my EHD the system will instantly lock up. I tried installing the fix i.e. OSX-iNDO_USB3 files which fixed the issue on Mountain Lion. However this no longer works on Mavericks as I still get the instant lock up. Unless I can fix this this renders Mavericks absolutely useless to me. Are none of you having usb lock up issues?

Note that Im running stock bios with nullpowermanagement as I don't care about sleep modes, but if I do the DSDT.aml routine will it at least fix the usb lock up issue? I don't care about usb 3.0 speeds, just need to have a stable system.

I was having an issue like this, sort of? If you have GenericUSB drivers loaded, try deleting the Kext files. I've gotten my system working, also w/o pwrmgmt, and waited until I had the system running before installing the USB kext files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back