Charlyc said:
suedezu said:
Hi,

I'm trying to install Lion on my 1720 with the following configuration:
CPU Type Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T7300, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 4 GB
Network Adapter Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
Network Adapter Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card
Video NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB
Audio Adapter SigmaTel STAC9205X @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller [B-0]
Drive #1 - SEAGATE MOMENTUS XT 320 GB

BIOS Version A09

I created the USB installer and I get en error message asking me to stop my computer by holding the power button after starting the Chameleon boot loader. Attached you have the error message.

Can you help me with this, PLS

I Built my USB stick twice until I got it to work. I found that if you follow those instructions to the detail you should have no problems specially since I have the same hardware as you listed.

I will try again from scratch.

Glad to know there is someone with the exact same configuration that managed to get Lion working.

How is Lion performance wise on your Inspiron compared to Windows 7?

suedezu said:
I just checked and the DSDT.aml file is in the root of my Boot partition of my USB stick.

You DSDT.aml file belongs in your Extra folder, not in the root.

I see. Thanks!

I will try again from scratch.

After starting again from scratch I successfully installed Lion on my Inspiron.

Working: wireless, sound, sleep, restart, shut down, webcam

Partially working: graphics.

I said "partially" because I manged to change the resolution from 1024x768 to 1920x1080 by editing the apple.bootlist.

The issue I am facing is poor flash performance when viewing in-browser flash videos (youtube etc). The frame rate is choppy to the point it's unwatchable even in low quality video settings.

Surely something is poorly configured. Any ideas how to fix this?

I've got GrapicsEnabler set to Yes, I'm running an X3100, I've changed arch to x86_64 in both com.appleBoot.plist and added SMcputype =769 in the smbios.plist. Still get a non-native resolution on my Intel Core 2 Duo T5750, which shows up as 64bit. When trying to install Lion, I get, "Lion requires Core 2 Duo....." Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Hozey

suedezu said:
After starting again from scratch I successfully installed Lion on my Inspiron.

Working: wireless, sound, sleep, restart, shut down, webcam

Partially working: graphics.

I said "partially" because I manged to change the resolution from 1024x768 to 1920x1080 by editing the apple.bootlist.

The issue I am facing is poor flash performance when viewing in-browser flash videos (youtube etc). The frame rate is choppy to the point it's unwatchable even in low quality video settings.

Surely something is poorly configured. Any ideas how to fix this?

You need a DSDT fix for your particular video card. Since you have neither the Nvidia 8600M GT or GMA X3100, you may need to look elsewhere on this forum for the right patch. However, before you do that, you might want to simply try GraphicsEnabler=Yes in your boot.plist.

I do have the Nividia 8600M GT! You must have seen the configuration in my signature but that is my desktop configuration. :)

Which is the required DSDT for the 8600 M GT?

hozey said:
I've got GrapicsEnabler set to Yes, I'm running an X3100, I've changed arch to x86_64 in both com.appleBoot.plist and added SMcputype =769 in the smbios.plist. Still get a non-native resolution on my Intel Core 2 Duo T5750, which shows up as 64bit. When trying to install Lion, I get, "Lion requires Core 2 Duo....." Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Hozey

Sorry to say, Hozey, the GMAX3100 will only run with QE/CI in 32-bit. The video kexts from SL 10.6.2 are the only 64-bit drivers for our GPU and they downright suck. You will get native resolution but not QE/CI. I run with arch=i386 but add -force64 so most processes that can run in 64-bit do run in 64-bit. Also, I am willing to bet that the kext that recognizes your CPU is also a 32-bit driver. If you have the DSDT fix for the GMAX3100, you don't need Graphics Enabler. You also don't need NullCPUPowerManagement if you have FakeSMC. When you install Lion, it is very important that you run the USB Flash Drive in 32-bit. I think that may be at the root of your problems.

I'm a newbie to this so some of what you're saying is confusing to me. I tried to install Lion from the App Store onto my existing Gateway M-6827 running 10.6.8. I have no idea how to get the files to a flash drive or how to make sure I'm running it in 32-bit. Any additional help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hozey

Not sure and don`t want to break any rules here but I am about to sell a spare Inspiron 1720 running 10.6.8... Any info etc please let me know :)

Cheers,

I successfully installed Lion on my 1720 with the following configuration:
CPU Type Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T7300, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 4 GB
Network Adapter Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
Network Adapter Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card
Video NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB
Audio Adapter SigmaTel STAC9205X @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller [B-0]
Drive #1 - SEAGATE MOMENTUS XT 320 GB
BIOS Version A09

The problem I have is that my NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB is not working to its full potential. I have managed to set the resolution to 1920x1080 by setting "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" in com.apple.Boot.plist.
When watching a full HD clip on YouTube the frame rate is poor, especially when i switch to full screen.

How to I make my NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB to work at its full potential?

Please provide a step--by-step guide to this!

Thanks!

I have a problem installing lion into my Inspiron 1520. My laptop just strangely won't boot into USB no matter what. I press F12 but there is no USB Storage Device there. So instead I created a install partition on my hard drive using my main computer running OS X Lion and did the procedure as mentioned in the guide. When I boot into the partition via Chameleon, it will just stay at the apple logo with the spinning gear forever. When I type arch=i386 -x -v, it will just stop at 'AirPort : Link Down on en0. Reason 0 (Disassociated because station leaving'. I went into the BIOS and disabled WiFi on my laptop and this time it ended at 'DSMOS has arrived'. Someone please help!

Attachments

• IMG_5112.JPG
    IMG_5112.JPG
    825.6 KB · Views: 310
hi there,
i am currently trying to install lion via efi boot cd and retail iso(both usb&dvd tried) but no success! i'm either stuck in black screen before setup or at mac installer screen, it just freezes. at black screen the very last line says like "bug...." then it freezes, on the mac installer screen it either freezes at disc utility or installation process. i tried couple of tricks like writing npci=0x2000, -v -x, cpus=1 busratio=12 but no progress, same result!
so anyone has a clue whats going on? any ideas? or else is there any other way of installing lion?

config; dell inspiron 1520, core2duo t8300 2,4 ghz, 3gb ram, nvidia 8600m gt 512mb, 500gb 7200rpm hdd, win7.

ps: i dont have any previous mac os x installed on the system, and im a newbie to the hackintosh project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back