Contribute
Register

Installing Lion on a Dell Inspiron 1720 / 1520 [VERSION 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
harchigan said:
xron said:
Good you were able to boot!

In my case, trackpad didn't work as well, haven't used the Kexts from Kext.com, but will try. I had to install the Keyboard Kext to S/L/E with Kext Utility to make Trackpad working, just in case it won't work otherwise.

Hope it works!!!

Great forum, thanks for all the help and info!

Hi Xron,

Pls tell me how you got keyboard and trackpad work?

I can't get these work.

BR,

harchigan

Hi and sorry for the late response!

I just installed the ApplePS2Controller.kext, which I will attach.
Hope it works for you!

Attachments

• ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip
    104.4 KB · Views: 114
techno123456789 said:
Hi All,,

Please help me out,my notebook Dell Inspiron 14R 5420 :
- intel i5 3210m
- NVDIA GT630m
- 4GB RAM

I want to dual boot with win7 and os lion X, please help me to give me the step for instaling..

Just as tip from my experience:
The absolute best way, is to have Lion and Windows 7 on two different hard drives!
In that case the install is pretty forward, as they don´t interfere with each other.
If your machine is not able to have 2 drives, an external usb drive or huge thumb drive, also will do the trick. Of course they could be some performance issues, but only slightly, I guess. When you start from the OS X drive you also are able to select Windows 7 or Lion, via Chameleon Bootloader.

If you want to have it on the same drive, it´s a bit tricky, but not too difficult.
I am not sure which is best to install first, but anyway repairing the start up will make it possible to start Win 7 again, when installing Lion after Win7.

Again, the better way is to have two different drives, for Win7 and Lion.

Hope this helps, but let me know if there is more you need to know.

i have been wondering for a while i did all the fixes, used efi studio to copy device properties for ethernet, used the max_valid_dma_addr=1024 to and the bcm next to enable ethernet and I'm using chimera 1.10.o with iCloud and FaceTime support and generated a new smbios with chameleon wizard and still can't get the FaceTime, iCloud or messages to work i need help asap someone please help. this forum is always so helpful

EDIT: i solved the problem i deleted the platformuuid.kext and ran permissions and the laptop created a uuid and now iCloud, FaceTime and messages work

hello, after go trough the guide step by step, in the first lion boot I got the next screen(https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzcl8y2rsubtc ... 220922.jpg). the trackpad work and I tried with 3 diferent mouses in diferent USB ports, all of them work but the screen still remain. how can I fix this? thaks

SOLVED! -> I plug a keyboard and it works... now i will go for the wifi!

Hi,

I'm trying to install Snow Leopard to my Inspiron 1720 to be able to upgrade later to Mavericks on the same laptop.

Currently I have no Mac or Hackintosh working install available and thus I tried to follow the procedure described here http://tonymacx86.blogspot.ro/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

I get a kernel panic at step 7 and never get to the installation screen.

I have attached a screenshot of the kernel panic message.

I tried booting with -x, PCIRootUID=1, PCIRootUID=1 -x but I always get the same error.

Can anybody help me?

Attachments

• WP_20131030_16_41_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20131030_16_41_55_Pro.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 364
Hi,

I'm trying to install Snow Leopard to my Inspiron 1720 to be able to upgrade later to Mavericks on the same laptop.

Currently I have no Mac or Hackintosh working install available and thus I tried to follow the procedure described here http://tonymacx86.blogspot.ro/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

I get a kernel panic at step 7 and never get to the installation screen.

I have attached a screenshot of the kernel panic message.

I tried booting with -x, PCIRootUID=1, PCIRootUID=1 -x but I always get the same error.

Can anybody help me?

You would be better off running your SATA ports in AHCI mode if possible.

You would be better off running your SATA ports in AHCI mode if possible.

Thanks for replying!

By running my SATA ports in AHCI mode do you mean enabling AHCI mode in BIOS? Because I already did that...

Thanks for replying!

By running my SATA ports in AHCI mode do you mean enabling AHCI mode in BIOS? Because I already did that...

Boot into a Linux USB and run 'lspci -nn' in Terminal. Provide output here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back