Contribute
Register

Installing 10.7 on GA-Z77X-D3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh... yeah, sorry. I should have checked your audio before suggesting that... as far as I've read, there is no good way to get audio with VIA chips.

I'm building a hackintosh with the Z77X-D3H but I cannot get it to boot up with Lion off a USB. I have used multiple builds to try to get it too boot but they all get stuck on the white apple screen. I realize its only been a short time since the Ivy Bridge and 7ZZx came out but all the supposed builds have worked on other forums.

Z77X-D3H
i7- Ivy Bridge 3700k
EVG - GTX560

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Have you followed this guide? - http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html

Now that I think about it, you main issue may be the fact that you're using an Ivy bridge processor. Check the forums/blogs on this site about the support for said processor. I don't think its been implemented yet for Macs. You may have to find a non-vanilla kernal. I was reading on this site and found the following about Ivy bridge processors:

PLEASE NOTE: Ivy Bridge CPUs and chipsets are not currently supported natively by Mac OS X. We can't recommend Ivy Bridge systems yet, as there is no official support. Hence, please don't view this as buying advice. We don't recommend using a patched kernel for the long-term. The vanilla kernel is a much more desirable solution for a stable system.

does anyone have a clue how could i bypass this error i get when trying to install 10.7 from usb, using toni's,guide,bios f9 optimal setings loaded ,ivy 3770,gigabite z77x-3dh,unable to find driver for this platform ACPI,UNABLE TO FIND KEKT NO KEXT SUMARY,
PLEASE ,ANY HELP WOULD BE APRECIATED

Attachments

• 2012-06-12 10.04.43.jpg
    2012-06-12 10.04.43.jpg
    592.2 KB · Views: 217
AND

Attachments

• 2012-06-12 09.56.34.jpg
    2012-06-12 09.56.34.jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 228
While I can't be certain, since I'm hardly an expert, but the ACPI in the message points to an issue there. Did you set the ACPI option in the bios?

Well the thing is it doesn't show me a acpi option in
The bios and to be onest i never had a gigabite motherboard
Before,do you happen to know how could i do that
cheers

valentinoqqq said:
Well the thing is it doesn't show me a acpi option in
The bios and to be onest i never had a gigabite motherboard
Before,do you happen to know how could i do that
cheers

You need:
1) be sure you used bridge helper
2)remove any smbios in your extra folder