Contribute
Register

Installer wont load and theres no output in verbose mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition
CPU
Core i5 4690K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 960
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
First off, my hardware consists of:
Core 2 duo e6700
Asus P5L vm 1394
4GB DDR2 Ram
Nvidia geforce 210 or GTX 750 (can use either one)

My system never reaches the installer, it reboots on the apple logo. I have tried system definitions for imac 7.1 and macpro 3.1 and both had the same result, no verbose output. What do i do? I have a working 10.6.8 SL installation if thats also any help.

Use the GTX 750, and boot with nv_disable=1 (some people have said a GeForce 2xx is too old and just doesn't work)

When you're at the Clover menu, hit the space bar, and select verbose mode. I've never heard of it having NO output at all. (If you're seeing an Apple logo, you're not in verbose mode.) Post a photo of the screen just before it reboots.

I tried in verbose mode with nv_disable=1 using my gtx 750 and verbose boot gives a line of plus symbols like this: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ then reboots

Try replacing VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and see if that gets you past the plus sign thing.

I'm having the same problem. How do I do this? I can get to Clover menu and select my drives but I can't get further than that.

Are you still booting from a USB drive?

If so, put the USB drive on a different machine, mount the EFI partition of the USB drive, and replace VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ in there. Then eject it and try again on the machine you're trying to install on.

If you're not booting from a USB any more, boot from a USB to get into the system and then do the above on the system drive EFI partition instead, and then reboot and try booting without the USB drive.

Are you still booting from a USB drive?

If so, put the USB drive on a different machine, mount the EFI partition of the USB drive, and replace VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ in there. Then eject it and try again on the machine you're trying to install on.

If you're not booting from a USB any more, boot from a USB to get into the system and then do the above on the system drive EFI partition instead, and then reboot and try booting without the USB drive.

I'm stuck at the same place and have replaced the VboxHfs-64 with HFSPlus. No dice.

Any suggestions?

Dell XPS 8900
i7 Skylake
Nvidia 960.

Tried using variations of the below:
kext-dev-mode=1 -v nv_disable=1 nv_drv=0 dart=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back