Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I am trying to perform a clean install of Mojave on a system that has fully functional High Sierra install.
I downloaded the Mojave installer, and got the ~22MB stub installer file. Followed the guides on here to create the full install package.
Downloaded the Mojave Unibeast, created a Mojave USB boot drive.
I inserted said Mojave USB in a USB 2.0 slot, and booted the machine. Selected "Install Mojave" at the Clover screen.
A crossed-through circle appears indicating installer failed. Not sure what to do at this point.
No other devices connected except KB, mouse, target install drive, and DisplayPort cable into on-board DP1 port. BIOS settings are all as recommended for my board BIOS.
Any help is appreciated.

OK so now the installer is making a liar out of me. Just succeeded through the first stage of install and reboot.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Now I am getting "macOS could not be installed on your computer.. installer resources error"

Last edited:
OK so now the installer is making a liar out of me. Just succeeded through the first stage of install and reboot.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Now I am getting "macOS could not be installed on your computer.. installer resources error"
I found the post about running the 'startosinstall' from the terminal. Trying that. Uffa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back