Gigabyte Z270X Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi all!

So I run a Hackintosh with High Sierra in it, my other SSD has Windows 10. On my Windows 10 machine I had accidentally installed the Intel Optane driver or something for my SSDs. Didn't think it'll affect my other SSD with Mac OSX installed. Now I can't seem to boot into my Mac partition with Clover. It just hangs at the Apple logo now and nothing happens. Any help will be appreciated. I tried to access the HFS partition from Windows in an attempt to recover my files if I really need to reformat but it seemsI can't. Hmm. Thanks in advance all.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z270 Gaming 7
CPU: i7-7700K
RAM: 16GB
GPU: GTX1080 Gigabyte

Am afraid the simplest solution to all this is take out your current macOS SSD and stick it in a USB enclosure and try and have it read on another Mac machine. Or check your BIOS and see if AHCI mode has still been enabled (and not Intel RST).

Hi all!

So I run a Hackintosh with High Sierra in it, my other SSD has Windows 10. On my Windows 10 machine I had accidentally installed the Intel Optane driver or something for my SSDs. Didn't think it'll affect my other SSD with Mac OSX installed. Now I can't seem to boot into my Mac partition with Clover. It just hangs at the Apple logo now and nothing happens. Any help will be appreciated. I tried to access the HFS partition from Windows in an attempt to recover my files if I really need to reformat but it seemsI can't. Hmm. Thanks in advance all.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z270 Gaming 7
CPU: i7-7700K
RAM: 16GB
GPU: GTX1080 Gigabyte
Obviously that driver that you have installed has changed something on your MacOS SSD in spite of your assumption that it won't.

I agree with Middleman that what you can do is to take out that SSD and install it in another system to see if you can access it. If it is a SATA SSD you can just connect it to the motherboard or use a USB enclosure as suggested by Middleman. If it is a M.2 SSD maybe you can directly install it onto the motherboard or use a PCIe card that can accommodate a M.2 SSD.

Problems like this are the main reason why I avoid running Windows and MacOS on the same system (or if I have to, make sure to disconnect or deactivate the disks with the other system before I boot one system). If I forget about the precautions and do something I should not do it may easily corrupt the other system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back