Contribute
Register

Installation Troubleshooting Tips & General Recommendations

Tony I need your help in installing snow leopard... on

Intel Dual Core 3.0 Ghz 5700 Processor, Lga 775, 2 MB cache,

Intel 41 WV motherboard

2 GB DDR 3 1333 Mhz ram, 500 GB sata Hard disk, No additional Graphics Card.

Can i install Mac on this machine

Kindly Guide me if yes...provide me the steps.

I finally got my system up & running really smooth. There are 2 issues u probably want to be aware of concerning your top of the line build however:

the current bios shipped from newegg on the GA-Z68XP-UD3 is F8, and does not seem to be compatible with the SDD... nothing worked getting it to boot without iboot, and added memory was not recognized. I was told to downgrade the bios, but I was hesitant. When I installed the OSx onto the 1TB drive, I used update helper and restarted before updating, then used easybeast, & everything works like a charm.

Another issue: the LED (-) pin fit very loose from the front panel of the case (don't know if it's gonna fall off soon), although the LED( +) fit perfect.

any suggestions regarding the LED pin issue would be greatly appreciated as well

CPU:
intel Core i7-2600K

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3

Graphics Card:
AMD Radeon HD 6870

mSATA SSD:
60GB OCZ Nocti Series SATA 3Gb/s

Case
Corsair Carbide Series 400R

RAM:
8 GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3

Power Supply:
Corsair 650watt

mzkprdcr said:
I finally got my system up & running really smooth. There are 2 issues u probably want to be aware of concerning your top of the line build however:

the current bios shipped from newegg on the GA-Z68XP-UD3 is F8, and does not seem to be compatible with the SDD... nothing worked getting it to boot without iboot, and added memory was not recognized. I was told to downgrade the bios, but I was hesitant. When I installed the OSx onto the 1TB drive, I used update helper and restarted before updating, then used easybeast, & everything works like a charm.

Another issue: the LED (-) pin fit very loose from the front panel of the case (don't know if it's gonna fall off soon), although the LED( +) fit perfect.

any suggestions regarding the LED pin issue would be greatly appreciated as well

CPU:
intel Core i7-2600K

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3

Graphics Card:
AMD Radeon HD 6870

mSATA SSD:
60GB OCZ Nocti Series SATA 3Gb/s

Case
Corsair Carbide Series 400R

RAM:
8 GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3

Power Supply:
Corsair 650watt

could you help me with my build if i tell you my specs?

I sure will try
What's your specs?

Hi guys,

I've checked off everything from the first post. I'm trying to boot from CD from iBoot but keep getting a "BOOTMGR MISSING" message, I've tried iBoot and iBoot legacy without success.

Did abit of searching and some people have fixed this by using an older iBoot version, is there an archived version somewhere as I can't find it on the downloads!

Any other recommendations?

Thanks

Olá pessoal , minha primeira vez aqui. como instalo o hackintosh na minha maquina ??

Configuração:
MB : GA- Z68MA-D2H-B3
Proces: core I7 - 2600K
Video: Ati Radeon HD 6750 1GB
RAM: 16 GB total - 4x4GB ( pra instalar irei usar apenas um slot de 4GB )
HD 500GB Sata
CD/ DVD Sata

agradeço a ajuda pessoal, pois nao sei nem qual boot usar , tenho o DVD do Snow Leopard 10.6.

Hello everyone,

I have run into a brick wall trying to install Snow Leopard on my machine with the iBoot+Multibeast method (specs below). I can't even come close to the installation menu.

Motherboard: GA-X58A-UD5 Rev. 2.0 FC

CPU: Intel Core i7-980 3.33Ghz

Graphics: Nvidia GTX-580

At first, everything appears to go smoothly. Then, after I insert the retail install disk at the iBoot prompt and press F5+Enter, my troubles begin. I get the grey Apple screen and the little windmill, but after about 3 minutes a little white image shows up at the top of the Apple logo, a circle with a slash through it, (like this: Ø, but the slash goes the other way), and it sits that way until I manually reset my machine.

I have tried all the commands, (PCIRootUID=1, 2, and 0, GraphicsEnabler=No, -x, -s, -v) and they didn't work. I downloaded the Legacy version of iBoot hoping that if it was a graphics issue, the older version would solve it. But that didn't work either.

What am I am doing wrong here?

Note: I am a total and complete noob at this, so the solution to this problem may be something obvious that I'm just not catching. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Stringcheese-?

UPDATE:

I am so, so stupid.

After a couple more tries at booting the retail disk I thought to check my BIOS, and lo and behold, the SATA settings were set to IDE. (How did that happen?) After changing them all to AHCI, I booted again, and the language selection screen came up in less than a minute. :oops:

After finishing the initial install, I then installed Multibeast and selected the options on Notshy's guide: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11465

And it boots without a hitch, with full sound as well. :clap:

Now, if I could just get my 1920x1280 screen out of 1024x768 mode, I'd be happy...........

tonymacx86 said:
So there have been a lot of people with similar issues, in this thread, my goal is to create a nice simple list of things people can check before asking specific questions. Many times if you're having issues installing, it's one of these things.

Installation Troubleshooting Tips & General Recommendations
For best results with your installation, make sure you've followed these recommendations. I've put them together from months of questions, so these tips should be pretty common and universal. Many people have neglected to follow these simple tips, and the installation has not worked.

1. Purchase and use a genuine Mac OS X Snow Leopard Retail Installation DVD
2. Use a SATA CD/DVD drive and SATA hard drive
3. Update your motherboard to the latest BIOS version available
4. Physically remove any extra RAM sticks so that your system has a total of no more than 4GB of RAM
5. Use only 1 graphics card in the 1st PCIe slot with 1 monitor plugged in.
6. Remove any USB peripherals besides keyboard and mouse.
7. Remove any hard drives besides the blank drive being used for OS X
8. Remove any PCI cards besides graphics- they may not be Mac compatible
9. Set BIOS to Optimized Defaults, then set SATA to AHCI mode and HPET to 64-bit
10. Set Boot Priority to boot from CD/DVD drive, then hard drive
11. If using a Gigabyte board, use Port 0 and 1 of the Blue Intel SATA ports
12. Intel Only. We do not support AMD.
13. iBoot + MultiBeast is known to work with the P55, X58 P35 and H55 chipsets and will most likely work with all Core 2 compatible boards.
14. If using a large > 1 TB Hard Drive, your system partition needs to be 1 TB or less.
15. Onboard Intel GMA HD graphics by themselves are currently unsupported. There are no available drivers- you'll need to use a discreet card.
16. MultiBeast should be run from the boot drive. Copy to Applications folder or Desktop.

I'll try to keep this post updated- if anyone has any other suggestions, please jump in and I'll add them here. Thanks!

Also check out the wiki's Troubleshooting page here:

wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshooting

100px-Questionmark.png

Last edited by a moderator:
after the multibeast and update helper.. the chimer bootloader leads to reboot ...can anyone help plz ???? :banghead:

Hi!

i got a Problem,

I got a Toshiba Satellite A 100-153 Notebook (thats maybe the problem? :cry: )
Config:

T5600 Intel Core2Duo 1,83 GHz
2GB Ram
160 HDD Sata
(see Pics for MB)
I can Install Lion, Snow Leopard and Tiger, but when i Reboot my System after Installing,
it doesn´t boot up to the system. when i reboot, there comes the Apple Logo and a Loadingwheel ( U know what i mean) and then it breaks up...when i boot up with -v, it tells me there is an AHCI Problem ( No DSDT.aml Found and so on)

And i can´t switch AHCI/SATA in the Bios (maybe the problem?)
if i start with -v , -x or something, the problem is still there (sorry for my english i´am German)

Can anyone tell me, if my system is in/compatible??
here some pics from CpuZ

Thx a Lot for Help!!

Attachments

• Intel.jpg
    Intel.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 254
Back