Motherboard
GA Z68XP-UD3
CPU
i3 2100
Graphics
EVGA GF 210 - 512Mb
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Practically, you should be able to access the BIOS without (quite) anything connected at all. From what I know, the HD has nothing to do with it (try without connecting it!).
Are you using a USB keyboard?
Have you followed the instruction coming with your mobo? (who knows... may be it's not DEL that you have to press on that one...)
If it's DEL you have to press, do it as soon a you power on your machine.
If that's leading you to the blue screen you mention, I'd think there's a problem with your mobo, but I'm no PC expert (could it be a RAM problem? I've read people saying you'd better have 2x4Gb instead of 8Gb, others saying it's not true anymore...)
Good luck! ;)

Motherboard
Z77N-WiFi
CPU
i3 3225
Graphics
?
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks for the reply! Amazon is replacing the mobo so hopefully that's the issue. If it does the same thing then I'll try with a stick of 4gb RAM

Motherboard
Intel
CPU
Core 5
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
So there have been a lot of people with similar issues, in this thread, my goal is to create a nice simple list of things people can check before asking specific questions. Many times if you're having issues installing, it's one of these things.

Installation Troubleshooting Tips & General Recommendations
For best results with your installation, make sure you've followed these recommendations. I've put them together from months of questions, so these tips should be pretty common and universal. Many people have neglected to follow these simple tips, and the installation has not worked.

1. Purchase and use a genuine Mac OS X Snow Leopard Retail Installation DVD
2. Use a SATA CD/DVD drive and SATA hard drive
3. Update your motherboard to the latest BIOS version available
4. Physically remove any extra RAM sticks so that your system has a total of no more than 4GB of RAM
5. Use only 1 graphics card in the 1st PCIe slot with 1 monitor plugged in.
6. Remove any USB peripherals besides keyboard and mouse.
7. Remove any hard drives besides the blank drive being used for OS X
8. Remove any PCI cards besides graphics- they may not be Mac compatible
9. Set BIOS to Optimized Defaults, then set SATA to AHCI mode and HPET to 64-bit
10. Set Boot Priority to boot from CD/DVD drive, then hard drive
11. If using a Gigabyte board, use Port 0 and 1 of the Blue Intel SATA ports
12. Intel Only. We do not support AMD.
13. iBoot + MultiBeast is known to work with the P55, X58 P35 and H55 chipsets and will most likely work with all Core 2 compatible boards.
14. If using a large > 1 TB Hard Drive, your system partition needs to be 1 TB or less.
15. Onboard Intel GMA HD graphics by themselves are currently unsupported. There are no available drivers- you'll need to use a discreet card.
16. MultiBeast should be run from the boot drive. Copy to Applications folder or Desktop.

I'll try to keep this post updated- if anyone has any other suggestions, please jump in and I'll add them here. Thanks!

Also check out the wiki's Troubleshooting page here:

wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshooting

so i must remove extra RAM if the RAM more than 4GB?

Last edited by a moderator:
CPU
Intel Core i3 530
Graphics
Intel Graphics HD
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iBoot only support the motherboards listed on support list? I use a DH55PJ and it isn't list. When I try to boot with iBoot (I bought the original Snow Leopard Retail DVD from Apple Store) appears the Apple logo, but later it says for me to reboot pressing the Power button, always that. I tried with another program (in case HackBook) and it installed Okay, but it crashes when I upgrade for 10.6.8 version (PCI begin configuration) and if I use npci=x02000 it runs but without mouse and keyboard support (I use Microsoft Wireless mouse and keyboard combo). My graphics card is a GTX 560 Ti. What can I do please?

Motherboard
windows7, Open Suse 12.3 , (mac os x (doesn't work yet XD)
CPU
core i 3 2,2Ghz
Graphics
Ati radeon 6470M 1GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Motherboard
Mountin Lion
CPU
Intel i5 540
Graphics
intel hd2000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
sorry...just one stupid question. If im goin from win7 to full mac osx ....should i convert dmg file i burned on dvd to Iso ...or what. Couse when i do Iboot and insert leopard dvd and press F5...on screen, there's only left 2x option for windows ntfs and iboot icon disappears...if i remember. Sorry for bad english

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi to everyone. I have a Clevo W370ET, and I want to install the MAC OS, but, my problem is that I don't know if the MAC OS version avaible in the portuguese Apple Store (10.6 Snow Leopard) works in this computer. Someone can help?

Note: The Mountain Lion isn't avaible at the website, only at the macstore.

Specs:
Graphic card: Nvidia 660M
CPU: Intel i5-3210 @2.50 Hz
Memory: 4GB RAM (2GB+2GB)

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
hi im stuck at this screen can anybody help me? i have an asus p5kpl am se intel core 2 duo
IMG_20130726_121514.jpg

Motherboard
GA H77N
CPU
i3 3225
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey,

So, my problem is not listed and is a kernel issue. I have checked out the wiki troubleshooting link as follows is the answer ...
[h=3]A kext I installed causes a kernel panic[/h] Boot into the retail dvd, go to terminal, delete the kext and make sure you rebuild the caches through terminal.

This however does not work..at least for me that is, I cannot boot from the retail dvd as i get still the same problem and therefore cannot get to the terminal. I have tried booting first with iboot then changing to the retail dvd and even tried straight from retail dvd but I just get the same kernel panic screen asking me to restart my computer!

I do not have access to another computer other than this very old and worthless netbook which is struggling to load webpages. Please assist!