Contribute
Register

installation issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS. Even though it is irrelevant (most likely) I also would like to add that my Clover doesnt remember the last drive booted and will not start any partition automatically, no matter what timeout value I add. Can that be fixed too?

Thank you for providing the requested uploads
  • The uploads include BIOS Options+Boot screen image(s) with Prohibit Entry Sign error+CLOVER from USB Installer used for this High Sierra Installation failure.

• I have uploaded annotated image as I see the connecting thread from the USB installer contents (mainly CLOVER) to BIOS Options ( or lack there of) and the Verbose Boot Prohibit Sign Error.
  • I believe current Boot error is related to your High Sierra USB installer losing its ability to transfer files because of USB port problem.

• The USB port problem may be related to:
    • BIOS choice
    • Config.plist _Device_USB_lacking [√] FixOwnership
    • I am unsure if it could be related to the choice of USB port on the Computer 's Front bezel or some USB 3 port at the rear.
  • Fixing the above Prohibit Sign error by correcting the observed problem in BIOS and config.plist alone is unlikely to stop other boot failures at a different stage of booting as there are a number of other flaws in CLOVER.

• The usual way of troubleshoot is to fix one problem at a time and and continue to boot in Verbose mode and based on the error seen at a later stage, fix them in a sequential manner by analysis and corellating with BIOS and CLOVER configurations present at that time to find a fix to use unless someone with the exact hardware trying to install the same maCOS has already created a manual you can just copy from the Forum and use.
  • The poster has to keep the readers informed what changes have been made to the BIOS and Boot disk preceding each error screen uploaded.
"I have done everything as suggested or read in the Forums" is a usual answer that will get you no where. It may make perfect sense to you as you are talking to yourself: but to the readers who have no way of knowing what you read and what you have chosen, it makes no sense or left everything to their own imagination and interpretation!

Attachments

• 1.Vt-D Enabled!.png
    1.Vt-D Enabled!.png
    143.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 2.Primary Display Auto.png
    2.Primary Display Auto.png
    512.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 3.Advanced USB Config-2 Auto.png
    3.Advanced USB Config-2 Auto.png
    872.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 4.Advanced PowerManagement.png
    4.Advanced PowerManagement.png
    1 MB · Views: 142
  • 5.BIOS _Boot.png
    5.BIOS _Boot.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 142
  • 6.Verbose Boot_CBM _nvdisable=1.png
    6.Verbose Boot_CBM _nvdisable=1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 145
  • 7.Verbose boot Screen shot USB timeout.png
    7.Verbose boot Screen shot USB timeout.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 133
  • 8.Verbose Boot Screen_USB Timed out _root device missing.png
    8.Verbose Boot Screen_USB Timed out _root device missing.png
    2 MB · Views: 142
  • 1.CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    1.CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    340.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 2.CLOVER:drivers64UEFI.png
    2.CLOVER:drivers64UEFI.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 1.configplist_Boot _.png
    1.configplist_Boot _.png
    308.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 2.configplist_Devices_USB_FixOwnership.png
    2.configplist_Devices_USB_FixOwnership.png
    237.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 3.configplist_RT Variables_CsrActiveConfig=0x3->0x67.png
    3.configplist_RT Variables_CsrActiveConfig=0x3->0x67.png
    262.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 4.config.plist_SMBIOS_No Model name.png
    4.config.plist_SMBIOS_No Model name.png
    242.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 5.configplist_System Parameters .png
    5.configplist_System Parameters .png
    182.2 KB · Views: 96
Hello,

Thank you for the exhaustive help.

I have committed the modifications in Clover Configurator exactly as you suggested, and I've also addressed the BIOS settings you were mentioning.

Not quite sure how I should trim the UEFI64 drivers folder though. Which ones should I remove?

I dont get the garbled text anymore, but HS installation will fail in graphical mode with a really white and think waiting circle, and in Verbose mode it will give me the error as in attached pictures. I guess it's an improvement, but still not there. Still works fine in Sierra.

Attachments

• IMG_2738.JPG
    IMG_2738.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2739.JPG
    IMG_2739.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2741.JPG
    IMG_2741.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
Hello,

Thank you for the exhaustive help.

I have committed the modifications in Clover Configurator exactly as you suggested, and I've also addressed the BIOS settings you were mentioning.

Not quite sure how I should trim the UEFI64 drivers folder though. Which ones should I remove?

I dont get the garbled text anymore, but HS installation will fail in graphical mode with a really white and think waiting circle, and in Verbose mode it will give me the error as in attached pictures. I guess it's an improvement, but still not there. Still works fine in Sierra.

Please post the updated config.plist.

Hi, sure. Here it is. And sorry for the late reply. I had to stay several days with Windows for a very long rendering session.
I'd really like to optimise my Hack... Thank you for all the help.

PS. Since I made my first set of changes as advised in this thread I lost the use of a couple of USB3 ports. Perhaps we should check that too.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 234

Thanks for your help. I posted my config.plist

I am still unsure of what I should keep and what I should remove from my UEFI64 drivers and Installation kexts.

Thanks again.

UPDATE: I trimmed my 10.13 and Other kext folders and noticed there were 2 Intel LAN drivers. I removed them, but installation is still stuck to where it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back