Contribute
Register

installation issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issue same as my H81 + Pentium G1840, enable ACPI fixheader and usb fixownership not work, stall at Legacy shim 2, issue may not related to USB.

OK. So you are telling me that you had the same issue with an H81 motherboard. How did you solve it?

AppleAHCIPort issue start from version 329, ICH10 patches are use for patch version 329 to 328.

This means absolutely nothing. Version of what? Also, With Z97 I also use an ICH10, right?

Although 100 & 200 chipset do not have Legacy shim 2 issue but still need ICH10 patches to correct SATA I/O and hot plug function.

Just use Clover KextsToPatch.

I don't have 100 & 200 chipsets. I have Z97.

Also, you mentioned that this might not be related to USB. What is it related to then? And how to solve it?

OK. So you are telling me that you had the same issue with an H81 motherboard. How did you solve it?

I just use ICH10 patch then everything, OK.

This means absolutely nothing. Version of what? Also, With Z97 I also use an ICH10, right?

Version number of AppleACHIPort.kext, Z97 is 9 series chipset.
upload_2018-1-1_14-37-30.png

It call ICH10 patch, but work with all 6/7/8/9/100/200 series chipset.

Also, you mentioned that this might not be related to USB. What is it related to then? And how to solve it?

After Legacy shim 2 show up, next should be initiate AHCI port, SATA root.

Thank you, I think I already have this patch, but I'll try to use the latest one and see what happens.

I just use ICH10 patch then everything, OK.

I added the 2 entries in Kext2Patch in Clover, as per screenshot to the config.plist you provided me with.

Result is exactly the same as last time. And still everything ok with Sierra.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 111.jpeg
    111.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 100
I added the 2 entries in Kext2Patch in Clover, as per screenshot to the config.plist you provided me with.

Result is exactly the same as last time. And still everything ok with Sierra.

Any ideas?

Patches data are longer than 16 bytes, Clover Configurator may easy cause error and can not show patches are correct or not, use PlistEdit Pro verify patches data and length.

Edit: Below is the result without ICH10 patches, reproduce issue with my H81 + Pentium G1840. Try attached H81 config.plist.

upload_2018-1-2_11-11-51.png

upload_2018-1-2_11-12-16.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Patches data are longer than 16 bytes, Clover Configurator may easy cause error and can not show patches are correct or not, use PlistEdit Pro verify patches data and length.

Edit: Below is the result without ICH10 patches, reproduce issue with my H81 + Pentium G1840. Try attached H81 config.plist.

View attachment 303053

View attachment 303054

Nothing. I copied and pasted your kexktopatch data into my config.plist and nothing different than last time. I am enclosing now my whole CLOVER folder. Can you please have a look?

Here's what improved:

- Now restart and shutdown are VERY FAST. They were really slow before.
- Clover now remembers the last drive booted and counts the seconds correctly

Here's what did not improve:

- High Sierra still doesn't load up.
- I cannot use all my USB ports, and I am not sure USB3 speeds are fully usable where available.

Could that be the reason why Sierra is being such a bitch?

Please check the drivers and kext folders too. I really want to solve this issue. Sierra works perfectly and my hardware is fully compliant.

PS. Please note that Nvidia drivers are ON and Verbose mode is OFF as this is my everyday configuration. When I am trying to install High Sierra I disable Nvidia and turn verbose mode on.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    15.8 MB · Views: 68
Nothing. I copied and pasted your kexktopatch data into my config.plist and nothing different than last time. I am enclosing now my whole CLOVER folder. Can you please have a look?

Here's what improved:

- Now restart and shutdown are VERY FAST. They were really slow before.
- Clover now remembers the last drive booted and counts the seconds correctly

Here's what did not improve:

- High Sierra still doesn't load up.
- I cannot use all my USB ports, and I am not sure USB3 speeds are fully usable where available.

Could that be the reason why Sierra is being such a bitch?

Please check the drivers and kext folders too. I really want to solve this issue. Sierra works perfectly and my hardware is fully compliant.

PS. Please note that Nvidia drivers are ON and Verbose mode is OFF as this is my everyday configuration. When I am trying to install High Sierra I disable Nvidia and turn verbose mode on.

Copy USBInjectAll.kext to kexts/Other, the best is move all necessary kexts to kexts/Other folder and delete all 10.xx folder.

From Acpi/DSDT section add usb patches
Change EHC1 to EH01
Change EHC2 to EH02

Check AddDTGP and FixHeaders from Acpi/Fixes section.
Drop MATS from Drop Tables

Disable icon patch and trim enabler (have issue with APFS) from KextsToPatch.

Try edited config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 221
Copy USBInjectAll.kext to kexts/Other, the best is move all necessary kexts to kexts/Other folder and delete all 10.xx folder.

Change EHC1 to EH01
Change EHC2 to EH02

Try edited config.plist.

I will try and report. Thanks :)

Change EHC1 to EH01
Change EHC2 to EH02

Try edited config.plist.

Hi,

Unfortunately, still the same. Adding screenshots and current plist. I boot with -v and nv_disable.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2826.JPG
    IMG_2826.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2827.JPG
    IMG_2827.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2828.JPG
    IMG_2828.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 77