Graphics
Asus Geforce 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, Im trying to install Yosemite on my Asustek G10AC. Its a Core i7 4770 with an Asus Geforce GTX 680 graphics card. Ive done everything the tutorial says up to the point where when i load the boot loader and choose Yosemite, it either stays black for a second or so then automatically reboots my pc or shows a quick flash of what looks like the apple logo screen and then reboots my pc. The flash is very quick, less than a second i presume. Ive tried everything i could possibly think of and i at a complete loss. Ive done the boot flags as much as i could but nothing chances. Maybe its cuz i havent dont the correct bootflags or havent done them in the right order or whatever. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey guys, Im trying to install Yosemite on my Asustek G10AC. Its a Core i7 4770 with an Asus Geforce GTX 680 graphics card. Ive done everything the tutorial says up to the point where when i load the boot loader and choose Yosemite, it either stays black for a second or so then automatically reboots my pc or shows a quick flash of what looks like the apple logo screen and then reboots my pc. The flash is very quick, less than a second i presume. Ive tried everything i could possibly think of and i at a complete loss. Ive done the boot flags as much as i could but nothing chances. Maybe its cuz i havent dont the correct bootflags or havent done them in the right order or whatever. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Please read the rules and complete the profile information for you system so that it appears in the left side bar below you used ID. This way people can respond without having to refer back to the first post.

And I might point out that you can find answers to many questions by using the search function before asking your question in a posting.

Please insure that you have the BIOS settings set for PCIe graphics, and SATA to AHCI after choosing set defaults.

Then try booting the UniBeast Yosemite installer with "-v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes -no-zp", without the quotes. If this fails to boot to Yosemite installer, and freezes, post a photo of the complete screen of data.

Good modding,
neil

Please read the rules and complete the profile information for you system so that it appears in the left side bar below you used ID. This way people can respond without having to refer back to the first post.

And I might point out that you can find answers to many questions by using the search function before asking your question in a posting.

Please insure that you have the BIOS settings set for PCIe graphics, and SATA to AHCI after choosing set defaults.

Then try booting the UniBeast Yosemite installer with "-v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes -no-zp", without the quotes. If this fails to boot to Yosemite installer, and freezes, post a photo of the complete screen of data.

Good modding,
neil

Thanks, and sorry. Its my first time posting. I'll give your stuff a try.

Are you using UEFI boot? Clover? Yosemite? If so, I'm not sure about these boot args suggested: "v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes -no-zp". The boot arg's I used were "-v nv_disable=1". The first one enables verbose so you can see what's going on as it boots, and snap a pic if it halts and reboots so you can see where it hangs. The second one disables the OS from trying to load the default NVidia drivers, which won't work on your card. Then once you get into the OS, load your bootloader, you can install the NVidia web drivers and then stop using the "nv_disable=1" boot arg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back