Contribute
Register

Installation error [Couldn't allocate runtime area]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JP - I have a solution to our particular board

Setting the boot timeout to 10s on clover fixed the issue for me - I believe this is because the MSI fastboot has the EFI bootloader running so fast not everything needed has initialised

could just be pure luck or coincidence.. but since setting this i have 20+ reboots without a runtime alloc error

how do
JP - I have a solution to our particular board

Setting the boot timeout to 10s on clover fixed the issue for me - I believe this is because the MSI fastboot has the EFI bootloader running so fast not everything needed has initialised

could just be pure luck or coincidence.. but since setting this i have 20+ reboots without a runtime alloc error
how do you set that?

Thank the Apple gods, I can finally get my hackintosh running OSX! Will update when I get it to run

EDIT: Sadly, that didn't work. Opened the EFI partition and modified config.plist. Find the existing string called

<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>3</integer>

Changed 3 to 20, booted in verbose, got a different error this time. Now I get "Error loading kernel cache (0x9)" But, one step closer to victory... (over a month later, why do I do this?) But hey, progress!

Last edited:
I had the same problem of "couldn't allocate runtime area".

I had two keyboards connected to the same computer (one didn't work during the installation and I forgot to unplug it), which caused the OS to not start. This problem might also be triggered if you have two mice or other accessories plugged at the same time.

Im struggling with this as well.

With OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 i get Kernel Panic.

With OsxAptioFixDrv , then i get this :
View media item 187222
System is
Intel C612 Chipset based, with
2x Xeon E5-2687Wv3 3.1 2133 10C and
128 GB RAM.

I'm getting same message on my Alienware 17 R3 (i7-6820HK, GTX980M 8GB, 17.3" UHD, 32GB DDR4)
IMG_0058.jpg
IMG_0057.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back