Contribute
Register

Installation always results in error log [XPS 9570 | i7-8750h | 16GB RAM | 1080p ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I removed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, keeping only AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.
This didn't change anything (installer still crashes, booting macOS still gives kernel panic).

EDIT: Fixed it by using this setup: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wip-guide-xps-9570-hackintosh-guide.259844/!
This setup uses OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi instead of AptioMemoryFix-64.efi funnily enough.

For people that come across this thread in the future, I attached the working Clover folder as 'CLOVER [working].zip'.

Attachments

• CLOVER 3.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
  • CLOVER [working].zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
I removed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, keeping only AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.
This didn't change anything (installer still crashes, booting macOS still gives kernel panic).

No idea without PR files as per FAQ.

I'm running into a similar problem. I get most of the way through the Mojave installer then get a crash report. I'm using an XPS 9570 4K. My clover folder and the install log is attached. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 48
  • Installer Log 8-Dec-2018.zip
    100.8 KB · Views: 38
I'm running into a similar problem. I get most of the way through the Mojave installer then get a crash report. I'm using an XPS 9570 4K. My clover folder and the install log is attached. Any help would be appreciated.
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?
I downloaded the macOS from the app store on my desktop hackintosh.

I downloaded the macOS from the app store on my desktop hackintosh.

Make sure you completely re-partition the target drive such that only the macOS install target partition exists.

Make sure you completely re-partition the target drive such that only the macOS install target partition exists.
I completely wiped the drive using diskutil and tried installing again and I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to install on an NVMe drive, if that makes a difference. Files attached.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 47
  • Installer Log 9-Dec-2018-5.txt.zip
    53.7 KB · Views: 49
I completely wiped the drive using diskutil and tried installing again and I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to install on an NVMe drive, if that makes a difference. Files attached.

What is the brand/model of the NVMe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back