Contribute
Register

[Success] Install Ventura on the HP ProDesk 600 G3 with OC 0.8.6

is this an error?
Could be a typo. It's different (00001259) in the main Kaby Lake specific section on Dortania.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Last edited:
How can I tell if the graphics are really accelerated?
What is your ram configuration ? Is it 1 x 8GB ? 2 x 4GB ? It should be dual channel mode for best performance. 2 x 8GB would be ideal for recent macOS versions.

Open up the Chess app. Try and make some moves and see how it works.

How can I tell if the graphics are really accelerated? They seem a little slow.
One other thing. If you can't set the DVMT pre-allocation to 64MB in BIOS you'll need find another way to do that. That helps the iGPU work normally on hacks using the iGPU exclusively.

What is your ram configuration ? Is it 1 x 8GB ? 2 x 4GB ? It should be dual channel mode for best performance. 2 x 8GB would be ideal for recent macOS versions.

Open up the Chess app. Try and make some moves and see how it works.
It has 2 8GB modules. Two slots on the MB are black and two slots are white. I think I have one stick in each. Should they be both on the same color slot?

Should they be both on the same color slot?
Yes. That's the pattern. They shouldn't be in slots right next to each other.
1 and 3 would be the optimal way.

Screen Shot 3.jpg

One other thing. If you can't set the DVMT pre-allocation to 64MB in BIOS you'll need find another way to do that. That helps the iGPU work normally on hacks using the iGPU exclusively.
I can set the video memory in BIOS all the way to 512 MB. Right now it is set to 64 MB. The system shows it as HD 630 1536 MB. I thought it would be 64 MB.

The system shows it as HD 630 1536 MB. I thought it would be 64 MB.
That's Vram for integrated graphics, not the same thing as DVMT. Leave the DVMT set to 64MB.

The key word is "pre-allocated" Here's what Intel says about it.

Pre-allocated memory is:
  • System memory the system BIOS makes available at boot time for video.
  • Also known as locked memory. It's locked for video use only and invisible to the operating system.

Ok. Thanks.

That message is valuable, it's telling you that none of the changes you made in BIOS are sticking with a reboot. It's reverting back to defaults. Seems to be a common problem with HP G2, G3, G4 models.

Did you install a new CMOS battery before the install ? If not you can check what you've got with a multimeter or a coin cell battery tester. If the battery is ok (at least 3.2v or more) then it will likely require an RTC patch/fix. @sonicman66 may be able to elaborate on this topic. I'm not currently using any HP desktops presently.

Here's the patch that many HP owners have added to their OC config.plist. RTC IRQ 8.

View attachment 558472
This is a patch produced by SSDTTime. It does not make the Real-time clock power loss (005) go away for me. I need to dig into this furter.

Back