Contribute
Register

Install success but not complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes YES YES yes

Thanks for all your help with this Rehabman - It can only get easier learning stuff now - That was hard to do - not knowing - Yosemite is downloading - Presumably there will be more to do will there with drivers - DSDT's for mobo/ graphics etc......????- the Intel Ethernet controller will work?

Thank you

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 is 5.73GB. Would be a good idea to compress/zip the Install.App once it completes and save it to either an external drive or USB for safe keeping. Same with the UniBeast installer, good practice to put the USB in the case once installed. Its there for emergencies or reinstalls if necessary.

Good work getting to the App store. Credit to RehabMan and his work with NullEthernet.kext. Bravo.

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 is 5.73GB. Would be a good idea to compress/zip the Install.App once it completes and save it to either an external drive or USB for safe keeping. Same with the UniBeast installer, good practice to put the USB in the case once installed. Its there for emergencies or reinstalls if necessary.

Good work getting to the App store. Credit to RehabMan and his work with NullEthernet.kext. Bravo.

Credit to Rehabman - Absolutely - Its my 1st build ever - I'm not a naturally techy person so this is a big one for me - I'll sort something out - Download isn't complete, no where near 3G Mobile Internet -

Put the USB in the case? - USB drive [yes obviously]-size?- 5.25"? -2.5"? -inside case

Is there a way to check the progress of the download?

Credit to Rehabman - Absolutely - Its my 1st build ever - I'm not a naturally techy person so this is a big one for me - I'll sort something out - Download isn't complete, no where near 3G Mobile Internet -

Put the USB in the case? - USB drive [yes obviously]-size?- 5.25"? -2.5"? -inside case

Is there a way to check the progress of the download?

Yes the USB drive, tape it the door or something for the future. You could check in the Applications folder for the download and see if its displaying size and amount downloaded so far.

Once it does complete you will have to create a USB installer with UniBeast. 10.10 Installation
While you are downloading and waiting, read and re-read the installation guide and familiarise yourself with the procedure. It is not possible to just run the App. It has to be installed via the USB installer.

If you have concerns or problems with the install, you'll need to post in Yosemite Desktop Support.
Feel free to post a link here if you create a new thread in Yosemite Desktop Support so we can assist if needed.

OMG - More fun and games -:silent:-I thought it would create an installer - oops silly me:lolno:
The progress bar is visible under the X of Yosemite -

You need to create a USB installer from the download.

See guides (main "menu bar" at the top of this site).

OK I'm clear on what the next steps are so I'll take my time to complete this -Big thanks to Rehabman & Wildwillow for their help

Regarding KEXT files and having them on the desktop - Is it essential to have the "lego-lookalikes" on the desktop eg-having a KEXT file in a folder that is on the desktop - Is this incorrect?

& once they are installed is it OK to delete/remove them? - or are they needed for reference?

OK so it was needed to do another download of Yosemite within MAS on Snow Leopard-All the steps were repeated that have been learned over the last week-Reasonably straightforward but it made me think-

Yosemite download "just begins" - There was no option of "where to put it" eg-to another location like external USB drive.

Yesturday I tried to copy the download into another location but it wasn't possible - After it downloads again I'll see if I can move the file to the external HDD - If successful it'll be retained for any further mishaps.

Is it possible to just drag the file -[the attached HDD has plenyty of room for it]?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back