Contribute
Register

Install success but not complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I installed Null Ethernet.kext with Kext Wizard - Is this a one time only install? - Or does it need repeating - or can it "knock" itself off and deactivate?

Did you install the 32-bit version?

The 64-bit version will not load when using the 32-bit kernel.

- please could you point out exactly where in the IO Reg the information is that you were / are looking for - I've had a look but there is so much in there and I lack knowledge at present on this. Thanks

Search left hand pane for RMNE. That is inserted by the SSDT. When NullEthernet.kext is installed and loaded, it will show under the RMNE node.

64 Bit version of NullEthernet.kext? - I have no idea -

Kext Wizard the same -

I'll have a look into the last thing you mentioned for IO Reg - Apart from that I am totally lost and confused - and seriously don't know what to do next - Simple as that

The Null Ethernet first used was 10.16 [Laymans guide to accessing MAS]-Trash canned this - Now going to try 0121 - With Kext Wizard-

64-bit build of NullEthernet.kext cannot be expected to work booting 32-bit kernel.

64-bit build of NullEthernet.kext cannot be expected to work booting 32-bit kernel.

You must be referring to 32 Bit Kernel of Snow Leopard ? - My hardware is definitely - 64 bit compatible-

0121 must be a pre release of 1222? - 32 bit? [I'll be archiving whats needed and discard whats not]

OK - I've got your 1222 version on now - including the rmne file renamed to ssdt.aml in extra folder [not checked reg io myself yet

If this isn't correct please say exactly how this is to be resoloved

ADDED After : Searched RMNE in Reg IO and it shows RMNE@0[Is IO Registry third party app?]

Attachments

• ._Mac Pro EXPORT 4.ioreg
    4 KB · Views: 57
  • Mac Pro EXPORT 4.ioreg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
You must be referring to 32 Bit Kernel of Snow Leopard ? - My hardware is definitely - 64 bit compatible-

0121 must be a pre release of 1222? - 32 bit? [I'll be archiving whats needed and discard whats not]

OK - I've got your 1222 version on now - including the rmne file renamed to ssdt.aml in extra folder [not checked reg io myself yet

If this isn't correct please say exactly how this is to be resoloved

NullEthernet.kext is not loaded.

32-bit capable NullEthernet.kext link is provided in post #103.

Yes I've donwloaded this - What needs to be done to load this?

Install with Kext Wizard. Repair permissions (just to be sure), rebuild cache (just to be sure).

In Kext Wizard rehabman null ethernet is there - kext beast was used with .kext on desktop - and checked in kext wizard "loaded" - searched for null ethernet - Maybe Kext Wizard didn't load

Please find RegIO 5 -

Surely this must be it now its shown in Kext Wizard

Its in there - searched - Null Ethernet - :!::!::!::!: what next-

Whats next - [thunderstorm here] computer going off - will check after -

Attachments

• ._Mac Pro export 5.ioreg
    4 KB · Views: 74
  • Mac Pro export 5.ioreg
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back