Contribute
Register

Install Stalled - ASUS Z87 Deluxe/Dual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Dan/everybody!

How do you install Mavericks on MBR hdd? I try it, but the Installer doesn't allow to install MBR hdd, only GUID.
I've got an ASUS Z87-C board, and I install Mavericks on GUID partition but I can't boot from it. I must start it from USB Installer, and choose the Mavericks.
(I try it with another board and Multibeast / Chimera v2.2.1 works successfully.)

Or,

It would also be a solution for me if I could do a pendrive that doesn't contain the Mavericks installation files, only a menu on which I choose the Mavericks or W7...

Thanks!
Attila

Trying to install on the same motherboard and when I try to boot off the USB to do the install, the system tries and then restarts, any idea what I am missing, tried this with BIOS 1602 and now 1707. Thx

Trying to install on the same motherboard and when I try to boot off the USB to do the install, the system tries and then restarts, any idea what I am missing, tried this with BIOS 1602 and now 1707. Thx

Asus Z87 boards work using two different options

EDIT: http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/95681-clover-frequently-asked-questions.html

Adrian B

Adrian, thank you for the quick reply, not sure I quite follow. When I was searching out there I saw the reference to the Clover, but wanted to stick with the install methods on this site. Additionally, I though the installation to the EFI partition was something i would need to after I have installed Mavericks to my disk. That would be the cleanup stuff I could do. Currently I am not even getting past the boot section of the USB Loader, once it comes to the 1st screen, when I select the install from USB, th machine reboots. Thx

O.K. If you are not able to get the USB UniBeast flash drive to install on the HDD/SSD then go over your bios settings again check that they are fine including GPU settings. Use a rear USB 2 post - closest to PS2 port on motherboard. Use only a DVI-D or HDMI cable to connect to the monitor from GPU. If you are still having problems then remove the GPU and set bios for Intel HD4600 instead. Attach HDMI/DVI-D cable to motherboard outputs.

Good luck

Adrian B

Hello!! What about thunderbolt ports on MB Asus Z87 Deluxe\dual ?

Is it working ? I try to find the kext for TB ( but nothing ((

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back