Contribute
Register

Install Mountain Lion on Snow Leopard PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
use show all files app - https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/showallfiles.142/

shows hidden files and folders.

If no /Extra folder check for Clover boot loader in the EFI partition of the UniBeast USB. If neither is present, move your current Mountain Lion install app from app folder to trash, empty trash, reboot, download new Install Mountain Lion app from the app store and create new UniBeast USB after erasing the current one.

GB thanks for your reply and help. My Hackintosh is at another location and I will verify my findings on Monday. If I have to do the above as your guide, it will be my 3rd re-download from Apple store. No worries, so be it.

Regards

use show all files app - https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/showallfiles.142/

shows hidden files and folders.

If no /Extra folder check for Clover boot loader in the EFI partition of the UniBeast USB. If neither is present, move your current Mountain Lion install app from app folder to trash, empty trash, reboot, download new Install Mountain Lion app from the app store and create new UniBeast USB after erasing the current one.

GB I carried the above instructions and attach 2 snap shots. When in TERMINAL, I am not sure/comfortable as to what or how to do next. I will very much appreciate the simplest/easiest instructions, if I have to carry out anything in TERMINAL.

Thanks Regards

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 87
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 95
GB I carried the above instructions and attach 2 snap shots. When in TERMINAL, I am not sure/comfortable as to what or how to do next. I will very much appreciate the simplest/easiest instructions, if I have to carry out anything in TERMINAL.

Thanks Regards
OK, in UniBeast/Extra folder you have org.chameleon.boot.plist. In the .plist you possibly need the following:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

You could also put it in the boot-arg string:

<string>-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes</string>

If you are unsure if you have it, one easy way to check is to select the org.chameleon.boot.plist in finder (just click once) then hold down the spacebar. It opens as a read-only text file and you can inspect the .plist without having to open in in an editing app.
If you are unsure if you need it or not and it is not in the .plist, you can add it at boot up by hitting the space bar at the Chimera screen and just type it in. Be aware it is case sensitive, so type it exactly as GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

OK, in UniBeast/Extra folder you have org.chameleon.boot.plist. In the .plist you possibly need the following:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

You could also put it in the boot-arg string:

<string>-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes</string>

If you are unsure if you have it, one easy way to check is to select the org.chameleon.boot.plist in finder (just click once) then hold down the spacebar. It opens as a read-only text file and you can inspect the .plist without having to open in in an editing app.
If you are unsure if you need it or not and it is not in the .plist, you can add it at boot up by hitting the space bar at the Chimera screen and just type it in. Be aware it is case sensitive, so type it exactly as GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

GB I am very sorry I am mega confused and also very sorry if I am ignorant. Please bear with me.

Refer my earlier post of March 03 showing snap shot of my .plist and also having used Space Bar at boot off USB typed in: -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes- ( got black screen with white script, kernel panic?)

Please help.
Thanks - regards

GB I am very sorry I am mega confused and also very sorry if I am ignorant. Please bear with me.

Refer my earlier post of March 03 showing snap shot of my .plist and also having used Space Bar at boot off USB typed in: -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes- ( got black screen with white script, kernel panic?)

Please help.
Thanks - regards

Sorry please advise as to which one of the 3 to add in at boot up after hitting space bar?
A) <string>-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes</string>
OR
B)-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes-
OR
C)GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Regards

B without the final - after the Yes if you want to see the POST
C if you do not want to see the POST

B without the final - after the Yes if you want to see the POST
C if you do not want to see the POST

I went along with option 'C' GraphicsEnabler=Yes and the Screen went/stayed blue after the Apple Start Screen.
I even left the PC on for good half hour to see if any change to blue screen, no activity.
Rebooted without USB and the PC is running fine back into Snow Leopard.

Attached 4 snap shots of sequence.

Please evaluate and advise what can I do next.

Regards

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 89
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 87
In your org.chameleon.boot.plist for SL what do you have?

What happens is you hit the spacebar at the Chimera screen and type in nv_disable=1 as a boot-arg?

In your org.chameleon.boot.plist for SL what do you have?

What happens is you hit the spacebar at the Chimera screen and type in nv_disable=1 as a boot-arg?

Hi GB
First must thank you for both your help and patience.

I did as above nv_disable=1
Was able to complete the ML installation. See 7 slides.

Then rebooted Off UniBeast USB> selected> Mountain Lion see slides 6 & 7. Again dead on Blue screen.

Tried boot up again Off UniBeast USB, the same result, dead Blue screen.

Please advise what next.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 85
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 82
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 90
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
You might try booting with GraphicsEnabler=No and see if that will work since GE=Yes did not. If that does not work, add the nv_disable=1 boot arg to org.chameleon.boot.plist until you find a fix for the 9500GT - you may need to add the card device ID to the device ID .plist in one of the nVidia kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back