Contribute
Register

Install ML on Intel DH67CL, i7-2600, AMD 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon seeing the Chimera screen, you should have two seconds to press a key. And if you do, you should see a choice between Mountain Lion and Windows NTFS (or the label you assigned to the C: drive, if you did). If you always want to see the menu and have it stop, add this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
Code:
	<key>Instant Menu</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

(Obviously, in between the <dict> and </dict> lines)

BTW, you might want to remove the darkwake=0 from your Kernel Flags unless you need it for your video card or something. I believe that prevents auto-sleep from working, and as far as I can tell, this board doesn't need the darkwake flag.

Thanks now it doest let me choose.
but I have some questions:
1. Can I remove the green icon from the boot loader?(sorry for the quality):http://imgur.com/QulSo
2. When I pressed enter to choose ML I got a message: "Error encountered while loading up the computer pausing 5 seconds". But the operating system came up and it works fine now...
3. Can I make a timer that if after a few seconds I want choose an operating system it will start the default operating system?

And I did had problems with the sleeping the timer of the sleeping didn't work and I forgot to ask you about that so thanks!
edit: when I set a timer to a sleep mode it only turnes the screen to a sleep mode but not the computer....

Thanks now it doest let me choose.
but I have some questions:
1. Can I remove the green icon from the boot loader?(sorry for the quality):http://imgur.com/QulSo

Use Hide Partition in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist. For example, here's mine:
Code:
	<key>Hide Partition</key>
	<string>hd(0,3) hd(1,1)</string>

hd(0,3) is a small exFAT partition on my SSD I sometimes use to transfer files back-n-forth between Windows and OS X.
hd(1,1) is a the data partition on my HDD

The first number is the hard drive number (0 based), and second number is the partition number (1 based).

You can see how numbers are assigned by pressing Tab at the Chimera boot chooser.

2. When I pressed enter to choose ML I got a message: "Error encountered while loading up the computer pausing 5 seconds". But the operating system came up and it works fine now...

Don't know. Never seen that message before.

3. Can I make a timer that if after a few seconds I want choose an operating system it will start the default operating system?

That's what the default is without Instant Menu. Without Instant Menu, you will see a little progress indicator moving left to right for the amount of seconds specified by the Timeout. Your timeout is set to 2, if I remember right. If you press a key while that progress is moving, you interrupt it, and it sends you to the same menu as with Instant Menu. I wonder if your keyboard is not being recognized for Chimera or something to where you're not able to interrupt the count down timer or something (try a different keyboard maybe). You can play with the various settings in org.chameleon.Boot.plist by using a handy app called Chameleon Wizard.

Use Hide Partition in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist. For example, here's mine:
Code:
	<key>Hide Partition</key>
	<string>hd(0,3) hd(1,1)</string>

hd(0,3) is a small exFAT partition on my SSD I sometimes use to transfer files back-n-forth between Windows and OS X.
hd(1,1) is a the data partition on my HDD

The first number is the hard drive number (0 based), and second number is the partition number (1 based).

You can see how numbers are assigned by pressing Tab at the Chimera boot chooser.

Don't know. Never seen that message before.

That's what the default is without Instant Menu. Without Instant Menu, you will see a little progress indicator moving left to right for the amount of seconds specified by the Timeout. Your timeout is set to 2, if I remember right. If you press a key while that progress is moving, you interrupt it, and it sends you to the same menu as with Instant Menu. I wonder if your keyboard is not being recognized for Chimera or something to where you're not able to interrupt the count down timer or something (try a different keyboard maybe). You can play with the various settings in org.chameleon.Boot.plist by using a handy app called Chameleon Wizard.
Well I thought it will be like in boot choser in linux, I liked more the boot choser in linux maybe I will install linux so i will have it...
When I set a timer for sllep mode it turnes only the screen to sllep mode but not the comuter... and when I press on sleep in the top bar it turnes the screen and the computer to a sleep mode. How can I make the timer to do the same? I thought this is because the thing you told me to remove but I still got the problem.

Well I thought it will be like in boot choser in linux, I liked more the boot choser in linux maybe I will install linux so i will have it...
When I set a timer for sllep mode it turnes only the screen to sllep mode but not the comuter... and when I press on sleep in the top bar it turnes the screen and the computer to a sleep mode. How can I make the timer to do the same? I thought this is because the thing you told me to remove but I still got the problem.

Your computer may be busy doing things preventing sleep. I had issue with 'helpd' and had to disable it. You can run 'pmset -g assertions' to see what assertions are set in Terminal.

Here's what I ended up doing to get rid of the helpd.sdmbuilding thing (just in case that is what you have):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...-lion-update-ga-z68a-d3h-b3-5.html#post502663

Thanks.
I found another problems (I guess they never gonna end...)
1. Sometimes when I turn on my comuter to ML it the internet is not working no matter what I do but if I restart again to ML it's start to working again.
2. I think that the sound in windows is better than in ML it can be or maybe it's all in my head? if it can be how can I fix it?
3. I heard that OS X will run on my computer better if I will edit the smbios.plist should I do that or I already did it with your patch?

Thanks.
I found another problems (I guess they never gonna end...)
1. Sometimes when I turn on my comuter to ML it the internet is not working no matter what I do but if I restart again to ML it's start to working again.
2. I think that the sound in windows is better than in ML it can be or maybe it's all in my head? if it can be how can I fix it?
3. I heard that OS X will run on my computer better if I will edit the smbios.plist should I do that or I already did it with your patch?

Hmmm.. Never seen #1 happen. Could be differences in router/cabling/etc.

My sound is fine -- that is, when I play something with sound, I hear it... I'm no audio expert though.

smbios.plist can be edited with Chameleon Wizard. smbios.plist has nothing to do with dsdt patches... Be careful with what you change, and be prepared to go back to previous version if you break something.

Hmmm.. Never seen #1 happen. Could be differences in router/cabling/etc.

My sound is fine -- that is, when I play something with sound, I hear it... I'm no audio expert though.

smbios.plist can be edited with Chameleon Wizard. smbios.plist has nothing to do with dsdt patches... Be careful with what you change, and be prepared to go back to previous version if you break something.
I have one more question.
How can I make longer the time when I need to press on some key to get into the boot choser? (I want to put it on 5-7 seconds before runs ML automatically).
and here is what I got from running the command 'pmset -g assertions':
Hzu70.png

I have one more question.
How can I make longer the time when I need to press on some key to get into the boot choser? (I want to put it on 5-7 seconds before runs ML automatically).
and here is what I got from running the command 'pmset -g assertions':
Hzu70.png

I can barely see the screen shot there, but it does look like helpd.sdmbuilding could be a problem. You can see the solution in the previous link I gave.

But also, you have some external media mounted. Usually this is USB drives or something. Only choice is to disconnect them, I think. Not sure why OS X is so picky about external media running to prevent it from sleeping -- it is definitely strange and inferior to Windows.

I can barely see the screen shot there, but it does look like helpd.sdmbuilding could be a problem. You can see the solution in the previous link I gave.

But also, you have some external media mounted. Usually this is USB drives or something. Only choice is to disconnect them, I think. Not sure why OS X is so picky about external media running to prevent it from sleeping -- it is definitely strange and inferior to Windows.
http://i.imgur.com/Hzu70.png
To see the picture bigger click on it.
And how do I do that I will have more time to press enter (to go to boot chooser) before it loads the default operating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back