Contribute
Register

Install macOS with WD_Black SN750 NVMe !

The WD SN850X is my recommendation, too. I use the 1TB version because of the amount of my music and video files. If you don't need 1TB storage, get the 512GB version as the 512GB and larger have the fast read/write speeds. Don't get a NVMe smaller than 512GB as they are slower.
@Stork
Hi, Thanks for your comment and introduced by TRS96 user.
As your written that you're using WD SN850X 1TB for your macOS.
May I know which version macOS you installed?
Is the installation same OR need some new boot-arg in the OC Config.plist?

My Hackintosh is Skylake, the Mobo is only support Gen3 x4 NVMe Drive.
I am currently using Big-Sur and Monterey.

What do you think?
And please guide me for the installation for NVMe Drive.

@Stork
Hi, Thanks for your comment and introduced by TRS96 user.
As your written that you're using WD SN850X 1TB for your macOS.
May I know which version macOS you installed?
Is the installation same OR need some new boot-arg in the OC Config.plist?

My Hackintosh is Skylake, the Mobo is only support Gen3 x4 NVMe Drive.
I am currently using Big-Sur and Monterey.

What do you think?
And please guide me for the installation for NVMe Drive.
I currently running Monterey. However, I will upgrade to Ventura in a few days as it is now mature.

Backup your current build, and, then, swap out your SSDs. I use @CaseySJ's tutorial for using Carbon Copy Cloner.

I currently running Monterey. However, I will upgrade to Ventura in a few days as it is now mature.

Backup your current build, and, then, swap out your SSDs. I use @CaseySJ's tutorial for using Carbon Copy Cloner.

@Stork
Is the installation same as normal.
I am using OC 0.9.3.
Need any boot arg for NVme drive ?

Is the installation same as normal.
Whether you install macOS to a 2.5" Sata SSD, M.2 NVMe, mechanical HDD there is no difference in the install procedure. Different brands and models don't make a difference either.

Whether you install macOS to a 2.5" Sata SSD, M.2 NVMe, mechanical HDD there is no difference in the install procedure. Different brands and models don't make a difference either.
@trs96
That’s why I am seeking more info about the installation macOS.
My macOS is working great in 2.5” SSD Sata. But never tried NVMe drive before, so afraid of need some boot-arg or kext to make it boot.

@trs96
That’s why I am seeking more info about the installation macOS.
My macOS is working great in 2.5” SSD Sata. But never tried NVMe drive before, so afraid of need some boot-arg or kext to make it boot.
no, as already mentioned to you

@Stork @trs96
Hi, there.
I got a problem and facing an issue about buying the WD Black SN_580X NVMe Drive.
I wish to buy from Amazon, but the final tax is quite expensive to me.
And I also tried seeking WD Black SN_850X at others online platform, all are expensive in my country.

Is there any other NVMe M.2 Drive options that works great for Big-Sur, Monterey, and Ventura.
And my Hackintosh is Skylake, and the motherboard is support Gen3 x4.

Any recommendations and options?

Yes, the WD SN770 or the WD SN570. Both would work well in Monterey or Ventura.

WD SN750 works fine. Ive used SN750 black for 2 years in my hacs. Very good NVMe!

Back