Contribute
Register

Install High Sierra on old build: ex58-ud3r (rev 1.6), i7 920, AMD Radeon HD 7850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac Os X 10.8.3
CPU
intel core i7 920p
Graphics
ATI Radeon 7850
Hi guys,

I got away from hackintosh years ago but want to come back today.

To tell you to truth, the computer I built when I was 15 years old is still running Mountain Lion.

Here's my build:
Motherboald: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-EX58-UD3R-rev-16#ov
Graphic card: GIGABYTE AMD Radeon HD 7850 1GB GDDR5 DVI/HDMI/2Mini DisplayPorts PCI-Express
CPU: i7 920

I created a macOS High Sierra Unibeast USB key and tried booting from it.

When choosing Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra at the Clover boot screen, I select verbose mode, see lines about kext being loaded etc. (the usual stuff) and then I get a black screen.

I've seen from the troubleshooting section that this might be due to my AMD card. But that's the only card I got.

Is installing macOS High Sierra on my build possible?
Is there a specific guide you'd recommend me to follow?

Thank you for your help.

I'll post my updates here for anyone sharing a similar build.

Hi toogy,

Did you have any luck with this? I have the same board and CPU and am also looking to install High Sierra.

Cheers

I have HS on ud3r-x58 rev2, but with nvidia card, did an upgrade from elcapitan.

Thanks eda5on, I made a start but have been thwarted very early on when trying to boot from USB. Tried a lot of different things and am having no luck whatsoever... Anyone know if you can create an installer on an internal SATA drive and install from that?

Here's my build:
Graphic card: GIGABYTE AMD Radeon HD 7850 1GB GDDR5 DVI/HDMI/2Mini DisplayPorts PCI-Express
Thank you for your help.
Hey toogy,

A bit late reply though. please note that i have same ex58-ud3r 1.6 revision with FK bios version which is the latest.
I strugle couple of days to install the best Macos version and tried El Capitan, Sierra and High Sierra and all works welll with minor problems and still looking for solution for them.

Main problem is restart, shutdown sleep do not act as they must
Second main problem is ALC888 audio issue still no success for native AppleHDA + AppleALC + Lilu kexts.

I have a solution for your audio problems. For some reason I did everything as this guide showed
. And at the end when I almost gave up I installed voodooHDA v2. 9.0d10 from Multibeast and it worked. And for the audio inject I put in 3 and it seems to work.
Hope it helps.

Hi guys,

I got away from hackintosh years ago but want to come back today.

To tell you to truth, the computer I built when I was 15 years old is still running Mountain Lion.

Here's my build:

I created a macOS High Sierra Unibeast USB key and tried booting from it.

When choosing Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra at the Clover boot screen, I select verbose mode, see lines about kext being loaded etc. (the usual stuff) and then I get a black screen.

I've seen from the troubleshooting section that this might be due to my AMD card. But that's the only card I got.

Thank you for your help.

I'll post my updates here for anyone sharing a similar build.

Any success at all ? I am just to about to decide to try the same thing.

FWIW, not only did High Sierra work, but I also made a similar board run both Mojave and Catalina, about to figure out how to boot Catalina :p Too bad nvidia web drivers don't work but it seems to run alright. Hopefully the last hack installation I will bother with, I really needed some application updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back