CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GT 640
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I built the Deluxe system described here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/248-building-customac-customac-mini-2012.html*
I have the Z77N Mobo, i7-3770 proc, 16 GB of RAM, the GT 640 graphics card (to dual screen the Mac and Win OS), the 120 GB SSD with a 1TB harddrive for storage. I replaced the on board Wifi card with a compatible one (ARteros one).
I got Mountain Lion off a friend's computer and set up a USB using UniBeast. He had a ~2009 iMac that was running ML, probably the current generation, not the one about to be available.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
In step 14, I did NOT check RMH. Would this matter and affect my install?
14. If using a Socket 1156 system without Rate Matching Hub (RMH) USB choose Legacy USB Support

I have tried installing the OS using the prepped USB stick and cannot get to a stable, usable platform. I can boot in safe mode (-x) and verbose mode (-v), but not to a fully working OS. I have tried with and without the graphics card installed. I have hung at several points in the installation, getting to a Multibeast post-install once (with the graphics card installed).
Any ideas on this? I am going to dual boot this system, I have a separate 240GB and 3TB HD for the windows portion.

How do I start over and format the harddrives for the install - now mostly to get rid of the junk from the first 4 attempts?

Thanks for the help.

Any ideas here? Incredibly frustrated with what is supposed to be painless process on a known configuration.

I'm having the same issue. I can't get it to install. I tried two USB thumbdrives. I already built a few previous hackintoshes but this one is being a pain. It boots up to the mac install grey circle thing and then hangs after a few minutes.

I have loaded optimized defaults, 1 8gb memory stick, 1 256GB SSD, core i7 3770, no video card.

Fixed: I had to disable VT-d in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back