Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V4 (Yosemite 10.10.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any possibility it will work? Are there any guides for the i7?

Maybe I didnt make myself clear enough in my previous post : 'has not been tested on any other model'

You should start using the forum search function to research the model you are interested in, which is not on the supported hardware list in this guide.

Followed the instructions and the first time, I spelled GraphicsEnabler=No as GraphicEnabler=No and it didn't proceed to OSX screen. Fixed that and it did, Formatted the mSata SSD and proceeded with install.

At reboot, I didn't select F10 and and it came up with the Boot screen with USB and Yosemite - chose USB and hit space and entered -v text...

Read files etc. but eventually stops at black screen with "System uptime in nanoseconds: "

Has various errors showing on the screen like;

"Could not read path: path = /Library/LaunchAgents, error = 2: No such file or directory"

and

"Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 3), Frame : Address

then various memory addresses....

Any ideas?

I tried re-creating the USB key... tried again and same thing... won't boot to the OSX screen

Swapped memory sticks to different slots and put USB key into different USB port. Tried maxmem=16384
Tried switching off NUC and disconnecting power for minutes, no change

Thanks

Hardware:

Intel BOXD54250WYK1 D54250WYK i5-4250U DDR3L
TBS?2095 Azurewave AW-CE123H 802.11ac/nbg WiFi+BT Broadcom BCM4352
QUMOX 16 GB (2x 8 GB) 204 pin DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM
Sandisk Enterprise SD6SF1M-256G-1022 256GB mSATA Internal SSD

Connected to HD Monitor using mini-HDMI to HDMI
Using Apple USB Keyboard and Apple USB Mouse
Network not plugged in

Screenshots;

IMG_2175.jpgIMG_2174.jpgIMG_2173.jpgIMG_2176.jpg

Removed my updated Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth card - Same Problem

Removed memory cards, one at a time - same
Deleted appleacpiec kext as that was first error.... no difference

Installed Ubuntu to check system working as normal.. All ok

Can you update the files to work for 10.10.5 ?

Hey Wonkey, I was having the same issues as GreyPaint.... Tried a bunch of additional boot args, -x -f PCIRootUID=0, -no-zp, and nothing.... Either the endless loop as GreyPaint showed or a kernel panic. Went online and found a patched kernel file for 10.10.5 from insanelymac and sure enough it got through to the installation screen. Even though the patched kernel file is for z87 motherboards, not sure if it 100% compatible with our NUCs, but got me going..... Will let you guys know how everything turns out....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back