Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2

Thanks .. So much .. it worked for me .. but had to go back to ubuntu .. Can you please update the guide when OS X Yosemite (version 10.10) is out with dual intallation with windows .. I am novice but this step by step guide got me thorough it.

Again an updated guide in fall with Dual install windows 8 and OS X Yosemite (version 10.10) .. Will be most extremely grateful!

You can find plenty of dual-boot guides on the site already.

I just found out about this thread. How is the audio through the audio jack for the users that do not have a monitor with built-in sound? Is it not working?

I just found out about this thread. How is the audio through the audio jack for the users that do not have a monitor with built-in sound? Is it not working?

The latest one gives audio at the expense of losing the built-in mic. Ive only tested it for relatively short periods of time but worked ok for me.

Hi,

Interesting input about memory.

From my side my update is that I was able to complete my intall on my NUC with 1x8GB using Minihack's Clover-style install.

Now I need to understand how it works and how to tweak up my installed system.

Issues I've noticed so far are:

1) Screen flashes and "sparklies" and audio "clicks" on my Full-HD TV connected via Minidisplayport/HDMI adapter when using 1080p. It doesn't do that at 720P. Windows can drive it either way through the same adapter. Windows' picture also seems generally better.

2) I have the BT/Wireless card. My BT is working but the wireless is not detected.

Thanks,
Steve

another success with the i3 version D34010WYK

the major issue is the ethernet driver which stop working on sleep i tested also the last 3.1, i'm going to test the older 2.4.14

thank's

Hi,

From my side my update is that I was able to complete my intall on my NUC with 1x8GB using Minihack's Clover-style install.

1) Screen flashes and "sparklies" and audio "clicks" on my Full-HD TV connected via Minidisplayport/HDMI adapter when using 1080p. It doesn't do that at 720P. Windows can drive it either way through the same adapter. Windows' picture also seems generally better.

2) I have the BT/Wireless card. My BT is working but the wireless is not detected.

Thanks,
Steve

To be fair, if you are running with Clover I would recommend you hop across to minihack's guide, which is the same hardware but using the Clover method instead. The two loaders are very different and I haven't put any real time into using Clover simply because I prefer Unibeast/Multibeast.

Check out the guides here and here. Both contain good information for setting up using Clover.

:thumbup:

another success with the i3 version D34010WYK

the major issue is the ethernet driver which stop working on sleep i tested also the last 3.1, i'm going to test the older 2.4.14

thank's

Several Intel ethernet users have reported success in the forums using older versions. Have a read of this one in particular.

:thumbup:

Hi,

Thanks,
Steve

Glad it worked out with Clover.

As you will have gathered, there is not always a simple answer to what works and doesn't and with which method. So there is no substitute for non destructive testing!

I have noticed that Clover EFI type installs can overcome install problems from some deadbeef errors (and not others). Also it bypasses some issues such as boot0 error etc.

As WD says though for troubleshooting (as you are now on Clover) it might be best to hop on over to my Clover build thread. As you will have noticed though there is a good degree of overlap so WD jumps in on my thread in the same way as I do over here - as many issues are bootloader independent.

:D

I've been following this tutorial, and I get stuck with

mach-0 file bad magic number

in step 6 when I enter
-v UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=0D220003

on boot. I get 4 lines and then the bad magic number thing prints twice and then I'm back to the boot screen?

Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back