Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2

Hi, I would like to know what is the best WiFi ac card for Intel NUC D54250WYKH with OS X 10.9.4 ?I have an Intel 7260 for the moment and it's not compatible.Thanks in advance,

Hi, I would like to know what is the best WiFi ac card for Intel NUC D54250WYKH with OS X 10.9.4 ?I have an Intel 7260 for the moment and it's not compatible.Thanks in advance,

There is no specific recommended card, and its a choice you need to make for yourself after reading up and doing the research based on your needs. My aim with the guide is to get the main unit itself functional.

I recommend you start by reading over at this thread. It contains some great information regarding lots of different cards and how to get them working.

I wont personally recommend any specific card other than what I own myself and have been able to test thoroughly. There are simpy too many cards out there, all with differing levels of functionality.

The one I use myself is a simple wifi-only Dell DW1510 rebranded as Airport Extreme which is recognised and configures OOB without any additional work. Its an older card, is 'only' wireless 'n' standard and does not have bluetooth either. I keep using it as it does everything I need and has worked OOB with every version of OSX from 10.6.8 onwards. Whiilst it keeps working, I will keep using it.

Whichever card you choose, it would not work any better or worse in the NUC than it would in any other hackintosh.

Is this what you ask for?
Skærmbillede 2014-07-08 kl. 13.51.42.png

Is this what you ask for?
View attachment 97940

Yep, and that shows it has loaded up absolutely fine. Key details of course are the HDxxxx name, the amount of vram and making sure you dont get the message saying that no kext is loaded.

That pic ticks all 3 boxes.

You could also run a few acceleration tests but that all looks good from here.

:thumbup:

hi everybody,i've installed succesfully mavericks on my hackintosh G4.
specs are:intel nuc d54250wyk.memory ripjaws 2 sticks of 8 GB each.
msata crucial 128 GB.
installation went without a hitch and everything is working also wifi (broadcom), bluetooth(apple),audio,FaceTime,speakers via USB and so on.
therefore a big hi-five for wonkey donkey and all the others who have contributed to make this working.

greetings from belgium.:thumbup::thumbup::lol:

hi everybody,i've installed succesfully mavericks on my hackintosh G4.
specs are:intel nuc d54250wyk.memory ripjaws 2 sticks of 8 GB each.
msata crucial 128 GB.
installation went without a hitch and everything is working also wifi (broadcom), bluetooth(apple),audio,FaceTime,speakers via USB and so on.
therefore a big hi-five for wonkey donkey and all the others who have contributed to make this working.

greetings from belgium.:thumbup::thumbup::lol:

Thankyou! Good to see another system up and running there :thumbup:

Hi WonkeyDonkey!

Any reason why you have to put "-v UseKernelCache=No" just once ?
How does it boot on its own henceforth ?

Hi WonkeyDonkey!

Any reason why you have to put "-v UseKernelCache=No" just once ?
How does it boot on its own henceforth ?

Because UseKernelCache=Yes is set in the configuration files we copy to the system to instruct it to do that normally.

We do it once after the initial install since at the point of booting on its own for the first time, it would not have any caches built, and from my experience it caused errors otherwise.

I was also able to get my machine up ( D34010WYKH1) and running smoothly! Amazing guide! Thanks.

I have one issue and that is that the HDMI audio output does not appear to work. I followed instructions to the "t"; I even have the option of internal speakers and under system profile i see "HDMI / DisplayPort Output:"

I have my machine connected using display port and then an HDMI cable connected to it that goes to my TV. Do you think the extra adapter might the cause of the issue?

overall amazing guide!

I was also able to get my machine up ( D34010WYKH1) and running smoothly! Amazing guide! Thanks.

I have one issue and that is that the HDMI audio output does not appear to work. I followed instructions to the "t"; I even have the option of internal speakers and under system profile i see "HDMI / DisplayPort Output:"

I have my machine connected using display port and then an HDMI cable connected to it that goes to my TV. Do you think the extra adapter might the cause of the issue?

overall amazing guide!

I think I know the cause of this but cant be sure since I dont own that model.

On the i5 model I have, the displayport and hdmi connector information was reversed for reasons known only to Intel. The supplied patches reflect that. This was the cause of the output not working for so many people in the initial guides even though it worked for me, using DisplayPort.

If your i3 model does not have the connector information reversed then it wouldnt function the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back