Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2

FWIW, I successfully upgraded my NUC from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3 using this guide. Didn't even have to wipe the disk: I just selected the existing system partition at installer time and it installed 10.9.3, preserving my user accounts and files from before. I didn't bother with the audio steps because I do my audio through USB (external DAC) and my video through DP.

This is an Intel Haswell NUC D54250WYKH i5 4250U HD 5000, with BIOS v18 (too lazy to figure out how to upgrade so I took my chances :)), 16GB Ripjaws RAM, 480GB Crucial SSD.

Thanks so much for this guide!

Nick

Hats off to the ripjaws ram once again then, its turning into a little gem.

Good to hear you are up and running with 10.9.3

:thumbup:

For anyone who is having issues with the HDMI audio only; hang in there, Ive sent for a new HDMI monitor which should be here in the next few days. I'll get straight down to further testing when it arrives.

Hopefully this will be fully resolved.

For anyone who is having issues with the HDMI audio only; hang in there, Ive sent for a new HDMI monitor which should be here in the next few days. I'll get straight down to further testing when it arrives.

Hopefully this will be fully resolved.

Talk about commitment! :clap:

Anyway, i added in another stick of ram to make it 2 channel and im happy to inform success in the install.

HDMI audio not working but Im sure you will crack it soon enough...

Thanks!

Talk about commitment! :clap:

Anyway, i added in another stick of ram to make it 2 channel and im happy to inform success in the install.

HDMI audio not working but Im sure you will crack it soon enough...

Thanks!

Single channel systems are almost unheard of in the desktop arena these days and its quite bizarre to run such a setup.

Glad you got it sorted though!

Did you have any issues with boot flags or memory errors ?

Can you confirm the memory make and model you are using ?

Thanks!

my system finally booted past part 7 and everything is running smoothly -

however, I have a problem with the sound coming from the headphone output from the front. There is a loud humming noise when attached to my desktop speakers. Very strange, if the sound/input panel remains open, the sound works... once I close it, 30 seconds later, the humming start.

any fix? will using voodooHDA fix the problem? I just want sound from the soundjack - don't need sound over HDMI or DP

Thanks

This method worked for me as well to get any sound to work through my receiver.

As stated below, using a DP adapter with the bios settings. No luck with the HDMI cable.

I can't control the sound with my bluetooth keyboard - all controls are with the receiver remote ( assuming this is because the chip software isn't installed)

On a side note all of my installation KP's disappeared switching over the two memory modules (2 x 8GB Crucial CT2CP102464BF1339) vs. one 8GB module - confirming what others have said already. :D

ok, after a iTunes & safari update yesterday and a new install a few hours after :)

i change a few things
- idisable the normal audio in the bios, hdmi audio still on
- IGD Primary -> DisplayPort
- IGD Sec. -> None.

right after chapter 7 (without installation of the audio files) i get hdmi audio ;)
And i think the system is faster to react.

If IGD Primary is HDMI no Audio Device in osx to see.

A little adapter for display port to hdmi and all works perfect since chapter 7.
I ignored the complete Installation of the Audio Part

XBMC testet (5.1 Audio DTS)

OK, now for a more bleeding-edge sort of question. Any hints/tricks for getting a Dell UP2414Q to display at 4k resolution on a D54250WYK? The HD 5000 chipset *should* be able to support it, but OS X 10.9.3 only appears to let me run it at 1920x1080 without the HiDPI scaling, which makes it actually look pretty blurry, and it does not offer the HiDPI option among the scaled resolution options under Displays. I have tried setting:

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true

as recommended in this article: http://www.ontakingpictures.com/2013/12/hackintosh-and-a-4k-monitor/

but no dice.

one thing I know now does NOT work, btw, is installing the Mac Pro 6,1 system definition with MultiBeast. That just makes it hang on boot. But perhaps a custom system definition edit?

Or perhaps a MacBookPro11,1 system definition? The Haswell MacBook Pro, after all, has essentially the same CPU in it as the D54250WYK. But I can't find a smbios.plist file for MacBookPro11,1; MultiBeast only has the much older 8,1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back