Contribute
Register

Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s

oh my lord blueking and everyone else that has contributed lol wow this new pack looks so promising and dsdt editing !!!! wow!!!!!! i don't know what to say i was away for a couple days and i come back to a awesome v2.3 pack will update and post how it goes!! can't wait blueking!!!
Edit: updated with ease and i am not sure what it is but my internet wireless adapter seems to be a lot more responsive also when i open any application the tiny millisecond lag is gone!! i did not have a dsdt before so that might be it but i am very impressed thank you!!!!!

Hello, I really have no previous experience with installing mac os on a pc, but I decided to try. Following your guide I managed to get everything working on HP Probook 4330s (seems to be the same as 4530s only smaller screen size). Everything seems to work, but I get occasional KPs.

Could you suggest what might be wrong. Maybe that is because i'm using DSDT from 4530s?

Thanks!

@inmike09 you should go ahead and replace all the kexts on 10.7.0 and then upgrade.

@siimus what do they say? You tried a DSDT using our auto patcher?

Yes I tried using auto patcher. But I could only Choose HP 4530s at selection.

That may be alright.

What do the kernel panics say?

I'll let you know when I get one. I used to get KPs when switching between battery and power adapter. Now it seems to work fine. Sometimes I get KP when booting, but I haven't written down the exact reason. When the next KP happens I'll post more info.

And btw, thanks for this great guide and tools!

Yeah I get the occasional kp on boot. If you are getting battery ones, make sure you have all the kexts installed. They should remove any problems.

I still want someone to test facetime and see if they can connect on a call.

masso912 said:
I posted the card reader driver about 20 post ago XD.
Here it goes again. =p
Tested, and recognize me one PCIe card (one of the 3).

ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/CardReader/MAC_OS_X/SD/

Yes you are right! I had these files since then but only a few days ago I installed them along with some other kexts I found on the web, but it wasn't work at the moment as I posted yesterday, and I am pretty sure I reboot every next installation.
Now I checked again and one of the three PCIe ports has drivers installed and the reader is working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back